Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal palace, joke of a club?

salako

Banned
Sep 29, 2011
You will always get empty seats at every stadium due to so many seats that have to be left empty due to safety regulations....but if you were honest you would admit that you struggle to fill 50% of Smellworse Stadium....lol!

yes we get around 50-60 % like we have done for many years our crowds are fairly regular

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
But it changed when you got promoted? Like every team, that's football, but we had extra incentive, a brand new ground. Considering we were getting 20-30,000 in the 70's shows that we do have a good fanbase.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
devils advocate lets see what the Amex is like in 10years time shall we, to be fair the crowds were not there when we needed them mid 80s through untill we went tits up, we had the hardcore who went through the dark days at gillingham etc (I was one) but lets see before we chuck stones eh !!

salako

Banned
Sep 29, 2011
devils advocate lets see what the Amex is like in 10years time shall we, to be fair the crowds were not there when we needed them mid 80s through untill we went tits up, we had the hardcore who went through the dark days at gillingham etc (I was one) but lets see before we chuck stones eh !!

this is a good point especially the bit about chucking stones
i wasn't on here in the last 24 yrs when we had bigger crowds than you (yes i know the net wasn't invented 24 yrs ago )
for the first time in all that time you have bigger crowds and suddenly all these people come out of the woodwork saying what a massive club you are
frankly its embarrassing,

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
this is a good point especially the bit about chucking stones
i wasn't on here in the last 24 yrs when we had bigger crowds than you (yes i know the net wasn't invented 24 yrs ago )
for the first time in all that time you have bigger crowds and suddenly all these people come out of the woodwork saying what a massive club you are

I would say it is not embarrassing it is a lack of reality, all clubs go through highs and lows and to be honest our hardcore would be around 12-15k. all I was saying was without the new stadium and a good team and all the intrest that goes with it will they still be coming when I hate to say it but we will get relegated, which maybe 5/ 10 years whatever down the line. I know I will that is all I can add

bhachris

Nov 20, 2011
We all want Brighton to do well but reading this thread I must be the only person on here that also wants the scum to do rather well too! As long as they stay a few places behind us mind you. Think about it, when we get promoted I would rather be playing Palarse than Wigan, Blackburn etc......

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I would love to see Palace play in the lower two leagues just to see how their "wonderful support" would hold up plus they should have been placed there after their administration shenanigans.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No Brighton fan is seriously suggesting we're a massive club.

When was the last time our club had a ground as big as yours? We still don't.

We would have love to have had a ground as good yours for the last 14 years, and you must find your current crowd levels disappointing.
And even taking into account this being our first year at the Amex, the number of ST holders we have, and the speed that the remaining tickets sell is impressive. It doesn't mean we're a big club, but it is an achievement.

salako

Banned
Sep 29, 2011

We would have love to have had a ground as good yours for the last 14 years, and you must find your current crowd levels disappointing.
And even taking into account this being our first year at the Amex, the number of ST holders we have, and the speed that the remaining tickets sell is impressive. It doesn't mean we're a big club, but it is an achievement.

our crowds haven't changed much we will probably have a slightly higher average than last year

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Absolutely spot on. We should be proud - I know I am :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here