Crofts signing today [4:30 announcement]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
I'm of the opinion, if you're told something about something like this, then they are effectively giving you 'permission' to leak it, that's why they've told you, because they want it out there. You don't believe 99% or leaks are accidental do you? If you are ITK because you work for the club, or for some reason you have been told in an official capacity, then you keep quiet, you don't start a thread like this, unless you don't care for your position any more.

So, whatever this OP knows, or thinks he knows, it's probably not somthing the originator of the rumour expected to be kept quiet. Then again, the OP could just be adding 2+2 and making an educated guess about something.
I agree with all of the above except the word educated .

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'm of the opinion, if you're told something about something like this, then they are effectively giving you 'permission' to leak it, that's why they've told you, because they want it out there. You don't believe 99% or leaks are accidental do you? If you are ITK because you work for the club, or for some reason you have been told in an official capacity, then you keep quiet, you don't start a thread like this, unless you don't care for your position any more.

So, whatever this OP knows, or thinks he knows, it's probably not somthing the originator of the rumour expected to be kept quiet. Then again, the OP could just be adding 2+2 and making an educated guess about something.

Last edited:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
So Bozza isn't aware of this, it doesn't mean nobody is to sign today but it looks more unlikely.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep probably the most sensible post in all of thread
Indeed, it was a good point. Threads like this are just bloody annoying (no offence meant to the OP).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm interested to see whether this thread can get to 1,000 posts with everyone still in the dark. We're already a third of the way there.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury

Have you not come across the phrase "in confidence"?
To my mind, it's not wrong to say that you know something but can't say more until it's formally announced. After all, the club even put out official tweets to announce that an announcement is due in 1 hour (although they don't give any clues as to what it's about).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You always come out with posts like this on this subject, and I'm afraid you're quite wrong.

Some of the people who pass info to me do so in a "don't pass it on" kind of way. I could still pass it on, but I'm unlikely to be told again. At these times I might let a few clues out, maybe enough for some to guess, but not enough to get the leak-er in trouble. I'll not confirm or deny any guesses from the clues I put out.

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
So that's another lunch time wasted.....
I seriously have to get some work done today & I can't see anything other than the refresh button being clicked !!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I would suggest that depends who the info comes from. Say Bloom tells one of his mates in confidence, who promises to keep it quiet, but who actually lets it slip to one of his mates. Bloom never wanted for that info to get out, but now there is someone who may not even know him, who has the info, who could tell anyone.

If you are told something, and told not to repeat it, then I don't see how anyone can take that as effectively giving you permsission to leak it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As a follow-up, I imagine it's not dissimilar to stuff the Argus and other news outlets get fed. They could leak it but they don't as they want to retain their position of trust.

It allows them to have a story ready to go so as soon as the official announcement is made they can publish. If I wasn't quite so lazy I'd do similar.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
20,000 views. 335 posts. A staggering amount of man hours being wasted on this thread. And who's to say Ashley Barnes and Matt Sparrow won't lead us to the Premier League Promised Land?!?

KRJ7

Jun 1, 2012
Dear oh dear oh dear. Someone posts regarding a signing today and the forum goes wild. it may or may not be true but i just can't understand why anyone would say 'i know who we are signing' and then not tell us who it is? What is the logic behind that? One can only assume that this person is hedging their bets on the hope of recieving credit without looking like an idiot if it a) it doesn't happen and/or b) it is not that exact player quoted?!

Let's be honest. It is a certain bet that we will sign someone before Saturday as Gus has told the press this much himself. Plus we are a Hoskins down for 6 weeks so it does not take a genius!

Oh and by the way....i just drove past the Amex and i saw a player in a cap. Couldn't see his face as the cap was concealing his identity. He was about 6 2". All of the media was gathering outside -BORED UNITED!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If anyone cares, if we are signing anyone soon, I'd say it would be Crofts. That's a slightly educated guess, I don't actually know.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Dear oh dear oh dear. Someone posts regarding a signing today and the forum goes wild. it may or may not be true but i just can't understand why anyone would say 'i know who we are signing' and then not tell us who it is? What is the logic behind that?

See Bozza's posts, it's pretty simple really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports