Crofts signing today [4:30 announcement]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I understand the preference for transfer rather than loan but would rather we cut our losses so to speak at some point and move to the loan option rather than wait to transfer window closes before getting someone in. I think we need someone sooner rather than later and if it is the loan player and he is here for the new season then so be it.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
If we do get somebody with the quality of Lukaku on loan for 6 months, we will rin away with this league by January, then watch some big names queue up fighting over themselves to sign permanently for a club with one foot in the premier league !

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I can't help thinking that if the Loanee is supposedly that good, then the permanent player we're chasing MUST be just as good? As you would only want the best players available to give you that chance of going up! It shouldn't matter whether the player is on loan or permanent, all that matters is that he is best that we can get.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I believe I know who the backup to the planned striker is. The thought of signing the backup made me do a man wee, so if we get the target (and I have no idea who that is), then NSC will go into meltdown

Is this still a runner? Apologies if it has been revealed elsewhere in the meantime.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
we should have jumped at the chance!

Doubt it was as easy as that. I think he was always likely to go to a lower prem team and he did.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I struggle to believe that Lukaku on loan was ever an option and if it was an option, that Gus wouldn't have snapped off Chelsea's hands as soon as the idea was suggested rather than leaving it as a back up

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm sorry but the idea of Lukaku just waiting around on his arse until we decide that we need him just makes me laugh. One of the most ridiculous bhafc rumours ever.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Or Gus wanted to bring someone in on a perm deal with experience? instead of a youngster on a 6 month loan?

You don't just keep players like Lukaku waiting, if you get the chance to get them, even for 6 months, you take them. If he managed to get another striker in on a permanent deal then great, but there's a chance he won't, and we would have turned down the best striker this league would see this year. Absolutely ridiculous notion

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Separated at birth?

crofts.png

Daniels.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports