Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crawley Town no longer officially exist

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Indeed. Especially because “artificial pitches” were used at Oldham, Luton, Preston and QPR in the 92 club structure.

Brighton lost 6-1 at Oldham on that pitch. Straight afterwards I played against Oldham’s Supporters for ours on the same pitch. They won with a 30 yard volley into the pitch that bounced like a powerball. One of our midfielders lost most of the skin off the side of his leg

Artificial has progressed 1000% since then. It really should be part of the business plan for most clubs whose aspirations hover between League One and Conference Regional

100 percent.

It’s also allowed in the Champions League and international football, the highest level English clubs can play in.

Crawley have a 3G pitch next to the ground and it’s rammed with organised leagues and training

That money could be going into the club.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Indeed. Especially because “artificial pitches” were used at Oldham, Luton, Preston and QPR in the 92 club structure.

Brighton lost 6-1 at Oldham on that pitch. Straight afterwards I played against Oldham’s Supporters for ours on the same pitch. They won with a 30 yard volley into the pitch that bounced like a powerball. One of our midfielders lost most of the skin off the side of his leg

Artificial has progressed 1000% since then. It really should be part of the business plan for most clubs whose aspirations hover between League One and Conference Regional
Too much like common sense.

Both Luton and QPR played on the surface in the top flight I believe, not sure about Oldham, they definitely had dug it up when the Premier League had started.

Don't they play on them in the Scottish league?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I found out today Jeff Ma is one of the minority owners of Crawley.

Who he? I hear you cry.
Well he is him, a numbers savant, banned from every Black Jack table on the planet.
Really interesting bloke, along with his occasional partner in gambling, Rufus Peabody.

MV5BMjAyNTU5OTcxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDEyNjM2MQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Surely they've left because their only decent striker has been sold to Gillingham for about £60k?

Cryptocurrency isn't now and hasn't ever been real, it's just a fad - fake money and pretend wealth. NFT's are the most obvious scam ever.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
You can pick up a small club like Crawley on the cheap, chuck a bit of money in, the town gets excited, gates go up, few cup runs, you can make a bit of dosh. Fulham were a club loitering in the lower leagues till money men came in. Good for them

wrexham will come up and I predict they will fly up the leagues too

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Also in news today,
But I'm sure selling their best striker for peanuts to a relegation rival is just a coincidence.......

Earlier in the thread someone was trying to convince people NFTs were just like raffle tickets. Anyone know people who are selling off their worthless raffle tickets to offset tax?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
For all you punters out there, and don’t forget when the fun stops stop, 3/1 odds for Crawley to get relegated looks better than any NFT or crypto currency.

As we know as a club back in the day even in the darkest times people always used to apply for a management job, when Steve Gritt got the job in Dec 96, the Albion had over 50 applications for the post, but on the flip side times might have changed and these owners might put credible candidates off?

Crawley vs Worthing in the National League?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody know what the implications of this bit are for Crawley Town NFT owners? Think that previously they were allowed to claim exclusive adidas kit against them or something?

'NOTE: WAGMI United ERC-1155 NFTs are no longer eligible to claim physical product. Claims closed 27 December 2022.'

Screenshot_20221230-082926_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221230-082926_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230-082926_Chrome.jpg
    655.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
But I'm sure selling their best striker for peanuts to a relegation rival is just a coincidence.......

Earlier in the thread someone was trying to convince people NFTs were just like raffle tickets. Anyone know people who are selling off their worthless raffle tickets to offset tax?
I've been trying to sell off the Steyning Town meat raffle tickets, but HMRC don't seem to think its a tax write off.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anybody know what the implications of this bit are for Crawley Town NFT owners? Think that previously they were allowed to claim exclusive adidas kit against them or something?

'NOTE: WAGMI United ERC-1155 NFTs are no longer eligible to claim physical product. Claims closed 27 December 2022.'

View attachment 155168
It may be just me but that is just a jumble of words. Not a clue what it's about from start to finish.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Together, we're taking Crawley Town to the Premier League" o_O

The EvoStik Premier, one can only assume.

I have no particular feelings for CTFC: there's never been a rivalry there simply because they've been out of our orbit for almost all of our existence, barring one FA Cup tie back in the 1990s. I feel for their die-hard fans, an ever-dwindling number it must be said, as this can't be much fun. Also, thanks to the Crypto-Bros, there will be much hilarity across the game if and when they either fall out of the league or go out of business. And that's not the fans' fault (or the players or staff, for that matter).

Somebody mentioned Wrexham on here and the Ryan Reynolds buy out. The big difference there is that Wrexham have traditionally had much more support, and are playing in front of crowds of 10,000 in the National League at times. You could see Wrexham making it to the Championship given a fair wind, whereas you couldn't really ever see Crawley doing that. Crawley have never had a crowd of 10,000 in their Football League history, and as was pointed out recently, the Albion women (and their opponents of course) attracted a bigger crowd to the Broadfield Stadium recently than the home town club have done all season.

It's a shame these shysters have been allowed to come in and make a mockery of a football club, no matter how small and- for most people- insignificant they are in the football hierarchy.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
"Together, we're taking Crawley Town to the Premier League" o_O

The EvoStik Premier, one can only assume.

I have no particular feelings for CTFC: there's never been a rivalry there simply because they've been out of our orbit for almost all of our existence, barring one FA Cup tie back in the 1990s. I feel for their die-hard fans, an ever-dwindling number it must be said, as this can't be much fun. Also, thanks to the Crypto-Bros, there will be much hilarity across the game if and when they either fall out of the league or go out of business. And that's not the fans' fault (or the players or staff, for that matter).

Somebody mentioned Wrexham on here and the Ryan Reynolds buy out. The big difference there is that Wrexham have traditionally had much more support, and are playing in front of crowds of 10,000 in the National League at times. You could see Wrexham making it to the Championship given a fair wind, whereas you couldn't really ever see Crawley doing that. Crawley have never had a crowd of 10,000 in their Football League history, and as was pointed out recently, the Albion women (and their opponents of course) attracted a bigger crowd to the Broadfield Stadium recently than the home town club have done all season.

It's a shame these shysters have been allowed to come in and make a mockery of a football club, no matter how small and- for most people- insignificant they are in the football hierarchy.
This. SHYSTERS is the operative word. Crawley Town wasn't even their first choice. They tried to buy Bradford City three months earlier and were told to f*** right off. It was clearly always all about putting their shitty NFTs into play. Shame that shitty market collapsed pretty much the day they bought CTFC :lolol:

Feel genuinely sorry for the genuine CTFC fans tho :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here