Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crawely fc. like em or hate em?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I was in Crawley the other day in the Mall. There are a couple of stalls selling official football calenders. Apart from the usual premier garbage, neither had Crawley calenders, one had a couple of Albion Calenders round the side, both had loads of palace calenders prominantley displayed.

Says it all imo.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Good luck to them. Just find it rather amusing that Evans thinks they are as good as some Championship teams at the moment.

At risk of people saying where did we find an extra 13000 fans, can't really see how they think they could compete long-term in the Championship. What does their ground hold- 6000? Nobody is going to bank roll such massive loses indefinitely.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Good luck to them. Just find it rather amusing that Evans thinks they are as good as some Championship teams at the moment.

At risk of people saying where did we find an extra 13000 fans, can't really see how they think they could compete long-term in the Championship. What does their ground hold- 6000? Nobody is going to bank roll such massive loses indefinitely.

they dont need to be bank rolled.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I was in Crawley the other day in the Mall. There are a couple of stalls selling official football calenders. Apart from the usual premier garbage, neither had Crawley calenders, one had a couple of Albion Calenders round the side, both had loads of palace calenders prominantley displayed.

Says it all imo.

Do Crawley actually have a calender on sale? Might answer that one. For the record, I was in Churchill square prior to the Forest Game and I saw a similar stand selling calanders and they didnt even have a Brighton one for sale, but the usual prem sides and yes Palace. Whats the differance? (apart from the Brighton ones may have sold out, but chances are not even on sale)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Do Crawley actually have a calender on sale? Might answer that one. For the record, I was in Churchill square prior to the Forest Game and I saw a similar stand selling calanders and they didnt even have a Brighton one for sale, but the usual prem sides and yes Palace. Whats the differance? (apart from the Brighton ones may have sold out, but chances are not even on sale)

I always thought we deliberately dont sell our merchandise anywhere other than the official stores.

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
chucky1973 lived in Crawley back in the late 70s used to watch a few games, I always look out for their results glad to see them doing well like yourself, you seem quite well informed
how or who is backing them financially now.

Jan 30, 2008

Says it all imo.
so you bought one made you excuses and made a quick get away !

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Another crawley thread form an obvious paranoid Brighton fan.......
I can confirm having lived in Crawley for 38 of my 38 years on this planet the following and I hope that for once and for all it will put to bed the constant "hate Crawley threads" that appear weekly, whether it be about the town, the team, the manager, the crowd........etc etc...

Crawley as a majority do not hate Brighton......there are some plums in the crowd that do, but who cares, that is expected.
Crawley is not full of Palace fans, where this image comes from i dont no, I would say, in the following order, West Ham, Chelsea, Brighton, Palace, Millwall.......I can count no more than 10 Palace fans that I know, but can go on and on about the other sides, in particular Brighton.
Crawley is actually a not bad place to live, great opportunites for work at Gatwick, some beautiful areas like Tilgate woods and the lakes, but like ALL places in Sussex, especially Brighton, has some dives which have there fair share of Knob Heads.
Crawley has an idiot of a manager, who winds opposition managers and fans up big time, but do you know what, fair play to him, he must be doing something right as they strolled the conferance and are top of league 2 ahead of some big sides, like, Swindon, Southend, Gillingham, Brizzie Rovers, Plymouth....(and before you say he has spent loads, check the facts out first, he has not spent as much as people think this year, purchasing only one player. In fact he made £400k on selling a player to B/mouth after getting him on a free just 2 months earlier, and contarary to what people think, they dont actually pay huge wages which has been suggested on here)
If they go up, they have the potential to stay, BAGS and BAGS of money, still have the £2m they made on the cup run last year to spend.......They can stay there and compete
The crowds are gaining all the time, an average of 1100 a year ago to over 3k now, the town is starting to get behind them and the club are really marketing themselves well in the town, my company had a visit on Monday from a Crawley representative and was offering some good deals to attract new fans. They also do a "adopt crawley as your second team scheme" where if you show your season ticket from another club, you get in for £10. I have used that 4 times this season and seen some very good football.

Brighton will always be my team, no matter what, but I say fair play to Crawley and I hope they keep growing into an establish league 1 side, as no matter what people say on here, its good to have a 2nd team, from Sussex doing very well.

Hopefully we might go maybe two weeks before the next "Crawley Thread" from an over pananoid Brighton fan.

fbf1c7b2-e988-4109-a8d4-182e4dc3ced4.jpg

As far as your points go. How do you know Crawley are not paying big wages? How do you think they attracted someone like Sergio Torres from Peterborough after he had played a full season in the Championship?

Yes their manager is doing something right, but I am sorry you could have put Mickey Adams Part 2 in charge of Crawley and they would have won the Conference last year. They basically bought a conference all star team and were always going to walk it.

You say the £2 million is still there from the cup run? How can that be as they are not running on a sustainable model at the moment. Yes their attendances are up but they are by no means at a level to pay for the wages of their players.

The whole arrogance of Crawley Town football club is the main reason why I think so many people do hate them. It could be compared with the arrogance Leeds had when in League 1 and in the Championship that they have a divine right and are better than others.

:hilton:

Jan 30, 2008
fbf1c7b2-e988-4109-a8d4-182e4dc3ced4.jpg

As far as your points go. How do you know Crawley are not paying big wages? How do you think they attracted someone like Sergio Torres from Peterborough after he had played a full season in the Championship?

Yes their manager is doing something right, but I am sorry you could have put Mickey Adams Part 2 in charge of Crawley and they would have won the Conference last year. They basically bought a conference all star team and were always going to walk it.

You say the £2 million is still there from the cup run? How can that be as they are not running on a sustainable model at the moment. Yes their attendances are up but they are by no means at a level to pay for the wages of their players.

The whole arrogance of Crawley Town football club is the main reason why I think so many people do hate them. It could be compared with the arrogance Leeds had when in League 1 and in the Championship that they have a divine right and are better than others.

:hilton:
something to do with their sweaty manager :whistle:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

just for the record, asked this afternoon, they've sold out

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Been an Albion season ticket holder for many years. For most of them folk have asked me who I support in the Premiership. Meh.....no one. My peers can't understand it. Yeh, BHA are crap. Who is your guilty pleasure then? No one in the Premiership!!!!

My guilty pleasure is CRAWLEY!!!!

There I am out!

I love how the club has come from no where, built up it's fanbase steadily & ground too. Their potential is big with plenty of untapped support in north Sussex/Surrey. The team is more exciting to watch than the team Gus puts out! At least they score plenty of goals & create more chances in a game than we do in three games.

I hope Crawley continue to prosper. Like it or hate it - they are here to stay.
I have watched them twice this season.
There isn't much between Crawley & The Albion.

Good luck to our North Sussex Cousins for the rest of the season.
From your BHA guilty pleasure!!!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i dont like them much. i relish the day they f*** up and try to share our stadium, only to be told to do one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here