Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crawely fc. like em or hate em?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
My feelings are similar to that of F1. I love Lewis Hamilton and he is my Brighton. Jenson Button is my Crawley. I don't ever cheer him on but I'm pleased for him but not at the expense of Hamilton

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I am slightly disappointed that we are no longer "Sussex's club", but my only real view on Crawley is I'm just glad that this current period in their history has co-incided with our upturn in fortunes. If they'd been running away with the fourth division when were struggling at the foot of it I wonder where we'd be now?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Hate, such a strong emotion - another team from Sussex which also happens to be where the incomparable Robert Smith grew up and developed all his morbid angst for the benefit of us all, not to mention a thrilling swansong for the legendary FDM - relax man......

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Some of them may seem to hate us, but thats because people seem to find any excuse to hate something and get angry these days.
Let me tell you that the MAJORITY of people who are sussex born and bred, no matter who they support and even if they do not like football, look out for Brightons results and want them to do well.
This is because we represent Sussex on a large scale, nothing else comes close (even the cricket) and people are proud when Brighton do well.
I have spoken to a lot of people over many years for this not to be true.
Crawley are doing well, but they do not have the history, and their manager is a chisler who is doing nothing to improve their popularity in the county.

I think this post is bollocks. I know a lot of people from north of the downs and the west of the county who don't consider Brighton to be proper sussex. To them it's as if sodom and gomorrah has been dropped into their lovely rural county. Of course they also hate Crawley.

I lived in Crawley for a few years (though at the time was also working abroad for long periods) and like it. It's not pretty, but it lacks the pretension of a lot of towns in sussex.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Another crawley thread form an obvious paranoid Brighton fan.......
I can confirm having lived in Crawley for 38 of my 38 years on this planet the following and I hope that for once and for all it will put to bed the constant "hate Crawley threads" that appear weekly, whether it be about the town, the team, the manager, the crowd........etc etc...

Crawley as a majority do not hate Brighton......there are some plums in the crowd that do, but who cares, that is expected.
Crawley is not full of Palace fans, where this image comes from i dont no, I would say, in the following order, West Ham, Chelsea, Brighton, Palace, Millwall.......I can count no more than 10 Palace fans that I know, but can go on and on about the other sides, in particular Brighton.
Crawley is actually a not bad place to live, great opportunites for work at Gatwick, some beautiful areas like Tilgate woods and the lakes, but like ALL places in Sussex, especially Brighton, has some dives which have there fair share of Knob Heads.
Crawley has an idiot of a manager, who winds opposition managers and fans up big time, but do you know what, fair play to him, he must be doing something right as they strolled the conferance and are top of league 2 ahead of some big sides, like, Swindon, Southend, Gillingham, Brizzie Rovers, Plymouth....(and before you say he has spent loads, check the facts out first, he has not spent as much as people think this year, purchasing only one player. In fact he made £400k on selling a player to B/mouth after getting him on a free just 2 months earlier, and contarary to what people think, they dont actually pay huge wages which has been suggested on here)
If they go up, they have the potential to stay, BAGS and BAGS of money, still have the £2m they made on the cup run last year to spend.......They can stay there and compete
The crowds are gaining all the time, an average of 1100 a year ago to over 3k now, the town is starting to get behind them and the club are really marketing themselves well in the town, my company had a visit on Monday from a Crawley representative and was offering some good deals to attract new fans. They also do a "adopt crawley as your second team scheme" where if you show your season ticket from another club, you get in for £10. I have used that 4 times this season and seen some very good football.

Brighton will always be my team, no matter what, but I say fair play to Crawley and I hope they keep growing into an establish league 1 side, as no matter what people say on here, its good to have a 2nd team, from Sussex doing very well.

Hopefully we might go maybe two weeks before the next "Crawley Thread" from an over pananoid Brighton fan.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
It does worry me that had we not received T Bloom's investment, they would probably be the strongest club in Sussex. Overly reliant on money and not particularly gracious in victory or defeat. I must admit, I would like to see us give them a good hiding.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I can confirm having lived in Crawley for 38 of my 38 years on this planet the following and I hope that for once and for all it will put to bed the constant "hate Crawley threads" that appear weekly, whether it be about the town, the team, the manager, the crowd........etc etc...

Crawley as a majority do not hate Brighton......there are some plums in the crowd that do, but who cares, that is expected.
Crawley is not full of Palace fans, where this image comes from i dont no, I would say, in the following order, West Ham, Chelsea, Brighton, Palace, Millwall.......I can count no more than 10 Palace fans that I know, but can go on and on about the other sides, in particular Brighton.
Crawley is actually a not bad place to live, great opportunites for work at Gatwick, some beautiful areas like Tilgate woods and the lakes, but like ALL places in Sussex, especially Brighton, has some dives which have there fair share of Knob Heads.
Crawley has an idiot of a manager, who winds opposition managers and fans up big time, but do you know what, fair play to him, he must be doing something right as they strolled the conferance and are top of league 2 ahead of some big sides, like, Swindon, Southend, Gillingham, Brizzie Rovers, Plymouth....(and before you say he has spent loads, check the facts out first, he has not spent as much as people think this year, purchasing only one player. In fact he made £400k on selling a player to B/mouth after getting him on a free just 2 months earlier, and contarary to what people think, they dont actually pay huge wages which has been suggested on here)
If they go up, they have the potential to stay, BAGS and BAGS of money, still have the £2m they made on the cup run last year to spend.......They can stay there and compete
The crowds are gaining all the time, an average of 1100 a year ago to over 3k now, the town is starting to get behind them and the club are really marketing themselves well in the town, my company had a visit on Monday from a Crawley representative and was offering some good deals to attract new fans. They also do a "adopt crawley as your second team scheme" where if you show your season ticket from another club, you get in for £10. I have used that 4 times this season and seen some very good football.

Brighton will always be my team, no matter what, but I say fair play to Crawley and I hope they keep growing into an establish league 1 side, as no matter what people say on here, its good to have a 2nd team, from Sussex doing very well.

Hopefully we might go maybe two weeks before the next "Crawley Thread" from an over pananoid Brighton fan.

Good post :thumbsup:

For me it will always be Brighton having been born & bred here but see Crawley as Brighton's little brother being also in Sussex so want them to do well and always look out for their results.

As stated above the manager is less than ideal but what is not to like about them.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Excellent post !!! 100% accurate !!!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here