Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig noone going!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Latest: Mackay said on BBC Radio Wales this evening that they'll make a decision after tomorrow's Carling Cup game on whether they'll go in with another bid.

It all boils down to whether we demand more than Mackay thinks Noone is worth. I think we probably will.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Latest: Mackay said on BBC Radio Wales this evening that they'll make a decision after tomorrow's Carling Cup game on whether they'll go in with another bid.

It all boils down to whether we demand more than Mackay thinks Noone is worth. I think we probably will.

Simple. Don't sell.
Class player.
Non-Albion fans I know who've been to games at the Amex this season, pinpointed Noone as our star.

Madness. There are about 8 to shift out, to bring in class to assist Noone, CMS, Dunk & co.

Cardiff are not a force in football.

We are not in the position we were when Crofts & Bennett were poached.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm never, ever putting a name on my son's shirt again - first Cox, then Bennett, now Noone potentially

It's a curse, I tell 'ee . . . A BLESSED CURSE!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

We should not give a f*** what Mackay thinks noone is worth,What will it cost to replace him

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
All these people suggesting Noone is our best winger, can you just let me know exactly what you think the job specification is for that position. For me, it is to get the ball into the box to create chances for other players and throw in the odd goal here and there. If that is the criteria, exactly how does he rate above Buckley and Lua Lua?

The criteria is that he is fit every game , the sicknotes are not

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Football Rumours you have to laugh, lates is Barn Door Billy is having medical at Selhurst.

Of all the nonsense, i wish that was true!

Football being football,he will do really well there..careful what u wish for.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Nothing has changed since the eighties then, we are still a small club selling our best players to the first bidder

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Are you serious? He's one of the most proven Championship goalscorers in the past few years. 166 goals in 299 starts during his career suggests otherwise, I'd say that's a bloody impressive record. If anyone has any other players with a record like that, at 30, and with a chance of us affording them please do fire away.

Cannot believe some people think Earnshaw's a poor player. Read the Cardiff forums, they still rate him, just doesn't suit their style of play, most think he'd bang in 10 goals for us between january and may.
Don't think he would suit our style either,we want a hold up man (Yeh yeh! Dicki Turpin...lol!)a bigger man than Earnshaw....Simon Cox please...though he has just scored a hatrick which probably has added to his fee!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I am a massive Gus fan, however. As I said on other threads, if we let Noone go for 750k even if it includes Earnshaw, my faith will be seriously dented.

Me too especially after the constant playing of Billy paynter, I'm not firmly on the gus bus as I once was

Don't think he would suit our style either,we want a hold up man (Yeh yeh! Dicki Turpin...lol!)a bigger man than Earnshaw....Simon Cox please...though he has just scored a hatrick which probably has added to his fee!

I agree that we DO NOT need Earnshaw. He is exactly the opposite that we need. A small, tenacious, nippy runner that has scalled hat fulls in yester year, but if Mackail Smith doesnt suit are style of play earnshaw certainly wont either. We need a TECHNICALLY good striker with movement, heading and a first touch (as none of our strikers have this) as thier first attribute.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nothing has changed since the eighties then, we are still a small club selling our best players to the first bidder

Yep. Now that we have truely great cash flow, this is a test to see what TB & Gus do. Hang on to arguably our best player, and build around him,

or make a massive mistake in flogging him to a club which is no greater than us, creating a revolving door of talent out, whilst journeymen stay.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry but to me...wen nooney has ball generally something is gonna happen..he makes it exciting...thts jus the way it is

I understand what you mean because he seems to go past players with relative ease keeping the ball at his feet and it is this that makes you feel something is gonna happen but in reality it doesn't because he has no final ball.

The criteria is that he is fit every game , the sicknotes are not

You do have some disturbing thoughts on football!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here