Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Davies

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
No. No he doesn't.

Not true - he might make a mean cup of tea for all we know.

In the half dozen appearances of his I have seen i've seen nothing to suggest he will make it as pro.

Not blessed with lightening pace, doesn't seem to be a natural finisher, his positioning is flawed, he can't jump therefore I don't know if he can head the ball. Apart from all of that i'm sure he's a lovely fellow.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I wish him luck but has their ever been a more average player so debated about on NSC? Christ this must be the 100th thread on whether he was ever any good or not! He's not really a loss to a wanabee champ.side is he? Get with beat please you nutters.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think Holroyd has been written off far to early by some people. There's no chance of Gus shipping him out this summer. He still has something to offer us.

Completely agree. Let him prove himself upfront with a partner in a conventional 442 set up before we write him off as being useless.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I will be mocked, but we are all getting on Holroyds back, I think he might bang them in next season....

*Tin hat on* :lolol:

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Good luck to him, my best memory of him is when he 'scored' in the 4-4 draw with Wycombe which would have made it 5-4. It was then wrongly ruled out for offside, but what a moment when it hit the back of the net!!!!

Im confident we have another great striker in the pipeline, in GUS we TRUST.....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I will be mocked, but we are all getting on Holroyds back, I think he might bang them in next season....

*Tin hat on* :lolol:

I always tend to half-expect a player that has a shit season to follow it up with a really good one. And often vice versa too.

The problem with releasing all these strikers is every time they score next year, we will get threads about them scoring, either to prove they were never as shit as some on here claim for them, or we should have held out for more money, or if we are struggling for goals, how it was a mistake to let them go.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Not true - he might make a mean cup of tea for all we know.

In the half dozen appearances of his I have seen i've seen nothing to suggest he will make it as pro.

Not blessed with lightening pace, doesn't seem to be a natural finisher, his positioning is flawed, he can't jump therefore I don't know if he can head the ball. Apart from all of that i'm sure he's a lovely fellow.

Actually. He has got lightning pace, did you not see him running, he could have given Kazenga a run for his money! As for positioning, he spends a lot of his time on the sholder of the last man, waiting for the ball. He points where he wants it but is often missed.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
We will get the striker we know we need before long, these things take time to ensure Gus gets the right one, I think we will be more than a little pleased when it happens & it surely will. We will also have goals from mid field this season with the Argies, Sparrow & Bennett. I truly believe we are going to have an excellent season under the best young manager in the league.

We will get the striker we know we need before long, these things take time to ensure Gus gets the right one, I think we will be more than a little pleased when it happens & it surely will. We will also have goals from mid field this season with the Argies, Sparrow & Bennett. I truly believe we are going to have an excellent season under the best young manager in the league.

Not being in the bottom 4 at Christmas will certainly be progress.
As to being in the top 4 at Christmas - the current squad has two hopes. One being Bob.
At least 4 first team players short.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
My goodwill towards him has reduced significantly after reading the Argus this morning. It says that we have reached a settlement for the remainder of his contract ?, maybe it's just me but us paying him off, knowing he's got a move lined up already and likely to get a signing on fee aswell seems excessive. Is this usual practice for free transfers ?.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to him, I liked his attitude and I won't be suprised if he does well for the Cheats. Isn't that where Currie went?

My goodwill towards him has reduced significantly after reading the Argus this morning. It says that we have reached a settlement for the remainder of his contract ?, maybe it's just me but us paying him off, knowing he's got a move lined up already and likely to get a signing on fee aswell seems excessive. Is this usual practice for free transfers ?.
If the player requests a transfer then he is due nothing. If the player does not request a transfer then he is due his wages for the rest of his contract. My understanding from a mate whose boy has played in all leagues over the last few years. Sounds like a mutual decision thing in this case.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think Holroyd has been written off far to early by some people. There's no chance of Gus shipping him out this summer. He still has something to offer us.

I totally agree with that, I only watched Holroyd for maybe 4 games towards the end of the season and i dont beleive he is anywhere near as bad as people make out. Jut needs a goal and he could be a decent performer for us i believe. Obviously we still need 2 more striker in my book though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I totally agree with that, I only watched Holroyd for maybe 4 games towards the end of the season and i dont beleive he is anywhere near as bad as people make out. Jut needs a goal and he could be a decent performer for us i believe. Obviously we still need 2 more striker in my book though.

I'm another one, not yet ready to write Holroyd off completely. He IS quick, and DOES get into good positions. He is WEAK though, and every single person that travelled to MK Dons at the end of last season, will agree that he must NEVER, EVER play up front on his own again. EVER.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'm another one, not yet ready to write Holroyd off completely. He IS quick, and DOES get into good positions. He is WEAK though, and every single person that travelled to MK Dons at the end of last season, will agree that he must NEVER, EVER play up front on his own again. EVER.

Definitely. Virgo would have done a better job.

I know he is not here this season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Actually. He has got lightning pace, did you not see him running, he could have given Kazenga a run for his money! As for positioning, he spends a lot of his time on the sholder of the last man, waiting for the ball. He points where he wants it but is often missed.

Absolutely agreed. The problem was we didn't have an attacking midfielder who would play defence splitting balls.

Holroyd's pace and positioning looked very very good to me, he just wasn't getting the service in behind the back 4.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Absolutely agreed. The problem was we didn't have an attacking midfielder who would play defence splitting balls.

Holroyd's pace and positioning looked very very good to me, he just wasn't getting the service in behind the back 4.

Spot on, i think he had two chances, in the games he played in. If he gets a bit of service then we will find out what his all about!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here