Craig Davies

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Suggests the management are pretty confident of getting another striker in. With the squad number 58 on his training kit for pre-season, he was probably never going to play anyway.

0,,10433~8879428,00.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I imagine we gave up hope of any sort of fee when he opted for Chesterfield.

"Mr Bloom. Thank you for such swift business in resolving the transfer of Craig Davies. Yes, there is definitely a cheque in the post"

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think this means we will sign Barnes + a higher profile striker. Surely the club wouldn't let Dickinson leave at least if this wasn't the case.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I hope there is someone in the pipeline thats worth it and i hope its barnes and a proven goal scorer as i feel we need a big stong forward that can hold the ball up and get us playing football and that just what i think.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I would say 3 strikers and 2 of them proven goal scorers and one big and tall and stong and can hold up the ball and get us playing football.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I hope there is someone in the pipeline thats worth it and i hope its barnes and a proven goal scorer as i feel we need a big stong forward that can hold the ball up and get us playing football and that just what i think.

I love your posts. They're so SWEET and ADORABLE.

My name is mark and I like dogs and my favourite colour is red because that's the colour of Man U

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
not forgetting FORSTER.

If we sign 2 strikers we'll have Murray, Holroyd, Barnes (hopefully), + another.

Assuming the latter striker is a good one, that could well do the job.

Longer term I'd like Holroyd to be replaced.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
If we sign 2 strikers we'll have Murray, Holroyd, Barnes (hopefully), + another.

Assuming the latter striker is a good one, that could well do the job.

Longer term I'd like Holroyd to be replaced.

Yeah, I know.

I guess I just see all our forwards going and none comming in! Your right though, two more will be enough for us to have a good season especially if we keep Murray.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Unlike other recently binned strikers he gave his best when he played for us. For that reason I wouldn't have minded keeping him as a squad player, even though like other recently binned strikers he's not that good :lol:
At least he provided an option though.

Means we need to sign two strikers at the very minimum. :shrug:

l agree, am l the only one who actually liked him?, admittedly his goal to game ratio when he was here was pretty awful, but he barely had a chance, and even when he did you had the feeling that once he netted one, others would soon follow.

Either way, far superior to Holroyd.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Shame it didnt work out for him here. A couple of more goals early on would have really boosted his confidence. Good luck to him

Heard a lot of people saying similar, but IMO confidence was not the problem with Davies, he's simply just not good enough for League 1 and would never ever fit in with Gus' style of play.

Think he's found his level with Chesterfield and hope he scores a few

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think Holroyd has been written off far to early by some people. There's no chance of Gus shipping him out this summer. He still has something to offer us.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I think Holroyd has been written off far to early by some people. There's no chance of Gus shipping him out this summer. He still has something to offer us.
I expect Holroyd will be a good young player with potential in FM2011 then?!?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports