Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I wondered what the fuss about the drum was. Apparently the police were provoked to go in because their idiots had set off a flare before kick off. The article I read linked to Arsenal's stadium policy which explains that musical instruments are prohibited, but also might go some way to explaining the outcome of the match:

View attachment 173470
Arsenal have had a drum this season. One rule for them and another rule for others?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Arsenal have had a drum this season. One rule for them and another rule for others?
I think a previous post has shown a statement from the Met Police that stated the issue was that the Palace fans refused to allow for the drum to be security checked, therefore they removed it from the stadium.
Whether that's true or who knows?
Perhaps the Police wanted to make a point that they didn't want their requests to be ignored or for the Palace hoodies telling the Met what they should or shouldn't be doing.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ah yes, Palace's 3-pitch Academy. I think we have 22 all told. Much is said about the South London football fields ready to be harvested by Millwall, Charlton and especially Crystal Palace. But that is no longer the case. The big clubs from North of the river have bigger, better Academies and other clubs are scouting strongly there too. Brighton take lots of boys from Kent, Surrey and the London suburbs south of the Thames. And most of these boys follow the Big 6

Yes, something like 16 clubs in London and surrounding area. The majority in the top 2 divisions,
There may well be a lot of talent in the area, but it is a fiercely competitive market.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think a previous post has shown a statement from the Met Police that stated the issue was that the Palace fans refused to allow for the drum to be security checked, therefore they removed it from the stadium.
Whether that's true or who knows?
Perhaps the Police wanted to make a point that they didn't want their requests to be ignored or for the Palace hoodies telling the Met what they should or shouldn't be doing.
Agreed, my post was a little tongue in cheek, but also commenting on the no musical instrument graphic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why does parish have such sway at the club when he only owns 10%?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If they’re without Olise, Eze and Guehi for a while they’re in trouble

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pariah doesn't get anything like the shite he should, just what does he have to do in order to get them to look beyond the manager.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So many. So so so many after the absolute SPANKING today.

Probably my favourite is the players and fans fighting.

It was quite funny seeing the cameras locked on that on the concourse - rounded off a great day

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It’s glorious reading but the disrespect for Hodgson really does sum them up. Their team is dire and the recruitment is shocking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here