Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
That's why I don't think they'll pick Potter. He's not a quick fit merchant, it took him some time for his methods to work at the Albion and Palace have shown, twice, they don't want managers who have a long term plan, but quick results. Cooper may well be a better bet, he turned Forest round pretty quickly after Hughton's reign.
Ah but they still hire the "long term plan" managers. They just don't provide the "long term" part.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
For Potter, at least, I can't help thinking palace is the better job.
Oh I agree, but he's proven to be an ambitious man who probably thinks he should have had longer at Chelsea and still backs himself at a top club. I'd avoid United like a plague if I were him, but ego is a big hurdle to overcome and Palace are a club currently in a gentle, but inexorable decline. I can't see him going anywhere where he doesn't get a pre-season

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Part of me doesn't want Potter to go to Palace because I think he might make them a much better team. But a bigger part of me would be looking forward to his response the first time the teenagers publish one of their "open letters" on social media.
He won't react badly, he knows Palace's history.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Part of me doesn't want Potter to go to Palace because I think he might make them a much better team. But a bigger part of me would be looking forward to his response the first time the teenagers publish one of their "open letters" on social media.
After telling Chelsea fans he was going to "win the f***ing Champions League" I also look forward to him playing to the gallery and saying they were going to "beat f***ing Brighton".

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I definitely do not want Potter to go to them. We all know precisely what will happen if he does 😖

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leaving aside the rivalry, Potter would be mad to go to Palace.

The style of football he likes to play is completely at odds with the squad they have. It will take him 2 windows to sort that. They also don't have the scouting network and data analytics that we do.

He had a similar issue transitioning the Albion from Hughton's style. We won just 1 of his first 7 with us in the Prem and - later on that season - we went on a run of 1 win in 14. Palace fans will not have the patience for that.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I wondered what the fuss about the drum was. Apparently the police were provoked to go in because their idiots had set off a flare before kick off. The article I read linked to Arsenal's stadium policy which explains that musical instruments are prohibited, but also might go some way to explaining the outcome of the match:

1705934699210.png

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I wondered what the fuss about the drum was. Apparently the police were provoked to go in because their idiots had set off a flare before kick off. The article I read linked to Arsenal's stadium policy which explains that musical instruments are prohibited, but also might go some way to explaining the outcome of the match:

View attachment 173470
If a musical instrument is prohibited, it must've been a pretty unvigilant (to put it mildly) person at the entrance not to notice a sodding great drum AND sticks (could have yer eye out!). A flute or a triangle, that's understandable, but a drum?!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If a musical instrument is prohibited, it must've been a pretty unvigilant (to put it mildly) person at the entrance not to notice a sodding great drum AND sticks (could have yer eye out!). A flute or a triangle, that's understandable, but a drum?!
Yes, but you're assuming that this lot go through the turnstiles subject to body searches like normal fans. History suggests that they just storm through en masse over the trampled bodies of their own stewards.

Seven years on. How many bans Steve?

theboybilly

Commentators banging on about Palace's academy being superb. Is It? Decades behind ours, and we have loads out on loan etc.
Ah yes, Palace's 3-pitch Academy. I think we have 22 all told. Much is said about the South London football fields ready to be harvested by Millwall, Charlton and especially Crystal Palace. But that is no longer the case. The big clubs from North of the river have bigger, better Academies and other clubs are scouting strongly there too. Brighton take lots of boys from Kent, Surrey and the London suburbs south of the Thames. And most of these boys follow the Big 6

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here