Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
No satire at all. Never said it was something new just the topic made me think about it in more detail, just plan where you go, think of the time of day and follow all the rules.

there is a very noticeable difference between ‘Waitrose clientele’ shopping during COVID and other supermarkets. I’m also not sure I agree with your extortionate prices, yes some items are more expensive others are comparable with Tesco/Sainsbury’s (can’t compare with Aldi as I’ve only been in once and I’m not going back) big thing is they rarely have the big BOGOF type items or other items. For example the quality of meat/fish is better. In fact you’ve raised another good point - expectation of cheap food may be a bigger long term health / environmental problem than COVID (and that’s before we allow our American cousins food supply chain in)

Waitrose is ace. Give me the posh Milfy types that look down their nose at you over scumbag corner in my local ASDA any day of the week. I tend to give ALDI a miss as I end up coming out with a trumpet and a paddling pool instead of the food and drink I went in for.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Loads of them everywhere.
Unfortunately these days what with Brexit and our so called fans on the match day thread we have to live with stupidity, lots of it.
I would have them all flogged.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Is this satire? Nothing you have stated is new info, have you not been sticking to such "guidelines" the whole time? Waitrose clientele has nothing to do with education, what a silly thing to say. Its quieter due to their prices, which on a whole are extortionate. I have shopped in Aldi throughout this mess, not due to my bachelor degree education but due to the price and not once have I felt uncomfortable.

Does a Bachelor degree give you added immunity?

Asking for a nurse.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Loads of them everywhere.
Unfortunately these days what with Brexit and our so called fans on the match day thread we have to live with stupidity, lots of it.
I would have them all flogged.

Flogged for 99p on ebay ( or best offer) and shipped to Ekonda in Eastern Russia.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Thus far in Eastbourne the main Tesco has not been too bad but ASDA where we also sometimes shop was pretty lax on covid precautions. I think the govt later today may be putting some more pressure on the supermarkets.

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
Absolute morons

45799be315cd32d32ca2ac8f90a76845.jpg
Looked like Rockwater on Hove seafront a week or so ago

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Some interesting views here on which supermarket brands pose the least risk. Some valid points about personal space, but no one has mentioned airflow. Top tip pick a supermarket with nice high ceilings, it is the only obvious sign that the airflow will be superior.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Some interesting views here on which supermarket brands pose the least risk. Some valid points about personal space, but no one has mentioned airflow. Top tip pick a supermarket with nice high ceilings, it is the only obvious sign that the airflow will be superior.

And avoid supermarkets with small store footprints. Lidl is fast to get around but unless you go really early in the week it doesn't feel safe.

Any supermarket should be a no go right now. Loads of people swanning around in them as if a mask is all they need to do to fight this. The amount of bellends using supermarkets when they can instead get the food delivered, really grinds my gears.

Unfortunately delivery slots are like hens teeth now (Well they certainly are around here). So not quite as simple as you state.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Looked like Rockwater on Hove seafront a week or so ago

According to the Police, only a small minority were not socially distancing.

From the pics and videos I’ve seen for the vast majority to have been complying them that must have been a very long road with no one recording or taking any pics for that to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Don't know if it's been mentioned before, Jogger after Jogger in Lewes High Street running past open mouthed snorting and blowing out all kinds of $hit.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Don't know if it's been mentioned before, Jogger after Jogger in Lewes High Street running past open mouthed snorting and blowing out all kinds of $hit.

Knowing Lewes as I do these joggers were probably pushing 3 wheeled running prams too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004

I'm no jogger so have no allegiance but I really don't understand the anti-jogger sentiment, I really really don't believe you are going to catch CV-19 from a jogger running past outdoors.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Olympic Park...

Covidiot in charge spotted on a bike 7 miles from home.

Gov UK website says local is defined as within your village or your part of town...

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I'm no jogger so have no allegiance but I really don't understand the anti-jogger sentiment, I really really don't believe you are going to catch CV-19 from a jogger running past outdoors.

I'm not anti Jogger, but you're not going to tell me there's no risk from an out of breath person breathing heavily running past me sharing the pavement 2ft away, especially as this new variant is supposed to be much more transmissible, I've no problem with joggers keeping a reasonable distance from me, but some take the pi$$.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here