Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
It’s an interesting one - I agree, if fishing is allowed (it is, the Angling Trust lobbied Government and got agreement subject to usual restrictions) then really no reason why golf shouldn’t be either. I guess it’s a question of what else then gets included. Fishing is the most solitary of pursuits so makes sense on that basis.

A few twats have been indicating how far they might travel to fish of course - but the rules of ‘local’ still apply. I bet more people are driving further to the (crowded) beaches for a walk than are driving to fishing venues.

I walked to my local pond, saw 3 other anglers and didn’t get within 5m of anyone all afternoon.

Where can I buy a fishing rod ?:lol:
Seriously though, enjoy, stay safe and don’t let the twats ruin it for you and others who are following the guidelines :clap2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Where can I buy a fishing rod ?:lol:
Seriously though, enjoy, stay safe and don’t let the twats ruin it for you and others who are following the guidelines :clap2:

Some of the local clubs closed their membership lists during the last lockdown as they filled up.............combination of furlough, and fishing being allowed led to a huge increase in people starting/returning to it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Easy to point to the people out in public spaces but very little about companies not supporting remote working which is driving people to commute and mix in offices.

I have friends still attending offices for non essential businesses as their companies have not put in a remote working provision, we have large sections of retail workers still having to turn up and open non essential shops, I have seen HR departments issue ‘I am a keyworker’ letters so their staff can get their kids into School as keyworker status is so open to abuse.

Hard to tell people to stop walking down the beach socially distanced from friends and family when they are back in the office with all of their colleagues on a Monday.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've come to think that all the tightening of restrictions does is congregate everyone in the same place when they do go out. As an example on this thread if the golf courses were open there would probably be less blokes competing for the same shopping trolley at the bottom of a pond.

I was moaning yesterday that the woods were busy. At that time, I'd normally have taken the lad to football, the wife would be in the gym and the eldest wallowing in his pit. There's 4 extra people and a dog for a start and it starts to make sense where everyone has come from. People have to go somewhere outside to exercise. Maximising outdoor space for safe activity should be a priority. In the short term either open golf to play on ssfely or encourage people to walk on them. Maybe let local residents walk on private school fields at weekends or something a bit creative. The alternative is tighter lockdown and more time inside which - with the best will in the world - encourage more rule breaking. At the very least we need acceptance that these places will be busier when we do out

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Easy to point to the people out in public spaces but very little about companies not supporting remote working which is driving people to commute and mix in offices.

I have friends still attending offices for non essential businesses as their companies have not put in a remote working provision, we have large sections of retail workers still having to turn up and open non essential shops, I have seen HR departments issue ‘I am a keyworker’ letters so their staff can get their kids into School as keyworker status is so open to abuse.

Hard to tell people to stop walking down the beach socially distanced from friends and family when they are back in the office with all of their colleagues on a Monday.

Indeed. And worse.

I should revise a post I made yesterday about some friends of Mrs T whose kids are at school even though they are not key workers. What's happening is our local schools (well, one at least) are letting in kids from any parent who asks. I bet this isn't happening everywhere. Inconsistency number 1.

However, both the mum (an interior designer) and the dad (he imports and installs high end hi fi kit) have both been told to go to work by their employees. So she is going round people's houses talking through kitchen designs, and he is travelling around with hi fi kit. His company is German. They both have to work to pay the bills. And as far as I can see there are no rules or laws preventing them. It's not their fault - they have no option other than not pay the mortgage. Inconsistency number 2.

I must also confess that I don't know what the rules are. I was listening to the radio this morning and a senior police person sent a txt saying they are reveiving complains from people who have been done for breaking rules, and complaints from people about other people reaking rules; he said Boris announces a change on Monday, the law is changed on Tuesday, and they don't get their instructions till Thursday, then the following Monday the rules are changed again. Inconsistency number 3 (recurring).

I have always said that you cannot manage strategy as if it is tactics. Tactics change quickly, but strategy is the overall plan to achieve the objective. Potter's fluid wingback system allows tactical alteration from 5 to 3 at the back according to circumstances with everyone knowing the system. Changing strategy would be like Potter playing 3-4-3, then when the opposition break away scream "I'm changing it - we're not going for the win anymore, rigid 1-4-5 - GET BACK!". Madness. There is far too much inertia in society to expect swift and nimble changes in behaviour on a week by week basis. Thinking this could work is a sign of naivety and incompetance. The bottom line is there is no strategy. There have been some different but plausible strategies suggested by numerous posters on NSC. All better than the present mess and inconsistency (number 4).

Sorry, I'm still angry, and had better leave this thread for today :annoyed:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've come to think that all the tightening of restrictions does is congregate everyone in the same place when they do go out. As an example on this thread if the golf courses were open there would probably be less blokes competing for the same shopping trolley at the bottom of a pond.

I was moaning yesterday that the woods were busy. At that time, I'd normally have taken the lad to football, the wife would be in the gym and the eldest wallowing in his pit. There's 4 extra people and a dog for a start and it starts to make sense where everyone has come from. People have to go somewhere outside to exercise. Maximising outdoor space for safe activity should be a priority. In the short term either open golf to play on ssfely or encourage people to walk on them. Maybe let local residents walk on private school fields at weekends or something a bit creative. The alternative is tighter lockdown and more time inside which - with the best will in the world - encourage more rule breaking. At the very least we need acceptance that these places will be busier when we do out

Yep. We took the dog out for a family walk yesterday and went towards Cissbury Ring. I knew it would be busy up there, and it was heaving.

Right now you're questioning why I'm typing this, as I seem to be complaining about the heave that I was part of myself. Not quite...

However, seeing quite how busy it was, we took some alternative less-traveled paths I know - as I spend a lot of time up there - where we barely saw a soul. We didn't enter the main ring at the top at any time, which is where most people were, or were heading to and from.

Most of those that we did see were clearly very much "amateur walkers" and not familiar with where they were, nor the conditions they were going to encounter, as many were wearing their day-to-day trainers which were no match for some of the muddy quagmires they had to traverse. As such, many of them were muddy-caked messes.

Whilst I'm sure some had met with friends - "oh, what are the chances of seeing you here?" - I'd say many groups seemed to be single household families - a Mum, a Dad and some kids, who were, I'm sure, just wanting to be outside and get some fresh air.

So, yes, lots of people go to the same places at around the same time. I'm sure Worthing seafront was similarly packed.

I'd be interested if any studies show any change in the risk profile of the new strain when outdoors.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
There are still football coaches doing coaching at Braypool, two lots there yesterday,each with 2-3 boys, they weren’t dads as I saw parents dropping off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

D

Deleted member 2719

Didn't see this but after reading your posts watched YouTube and had to switch off after 10 seconds. Appalling behaviour, surely there is a case to throw them out?

30 + people squashed into a small room expelling air to the max, what could go wrong.

What could go wrong is not only the obvious mass spread of Covid between players and beyond, but also others believing this is okay to do this and flaunting the rules.

Fine the lot of them and the club and put them up on potential manslaughter and songslaughter charges.

The widespread of Covid idiot is becoming a real issue now and there is no legal injection to stop it. unfortunately.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
30 + people squashed into a small room expelling air to the max, what could go wrong.

What could go wrong is not only the obvious mass spread of Covid between players and beyond, but also others believing this is okay to do this and flaunting the rules.

Fine the lot of them and the club and put them up on potential manslaughter and songslaughter charges.

The widespread of Covid idiot is becoming a real issue now and there is no legal injection to stop it. unfortunately.

You will love this then. The sort of thing that'll get this season binned as we spread "The magic of the Covid Cup"

[TWEET]1348289663488950272[/TWEET]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You will love this then. The sort of thing that'll get this season binned as we spread "The magic of the Covid Cup"

Absolute morons

45799be315cd32d32ca2ac8f90a76845.jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

I can't believe what we are seeing with these Idiots

Time for the media to start pointing the finger of blame at them rather than at the people who are working day and night to stop this virus, if I was in office I would stop all those guys furlough and give it to the homeless.

They are all killing peoples families. :nono::nono:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I can't believe what we are seeing with these Idiots

Time for the media to start pointing the finger of blame at them rather than at the people who are working day and night to stop this virus, if I was Boris Johnson I would stop all those guys furlough and give it to the homeless.

They are all killing peoples families. :nono::nono:

Fixed for you mate.....completely agree with your sentiment. I wonder if the authorities will act?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Absolute morons

45799be315cd32d32ca2ac8f90a76845.jpg

I find it quite sad that these people (with kids) actually planned to be there. It doesn't matter what Boris, etc do or say there will always be idiots like this. All for a photo that no one's bothered about. When will they understand?

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Anyone going to an obviously busy park to jog is a bit of a ****. You can run pretty much anywhere (I’m a jogger BTW.....)

Yep, I've given up running my usual route through a couple of parks as they're just too busy (also two dog bites in a week!). I'm now running through housing estates, far less people and most dogs on leads! It's not much fun but at least I'm away from others, for all our sakes.

D

Deleted member 2719

Fixed for you mate.....completely agree with your sentiment. I wonder if the authorities will act?
You didnt need to fix it mate, as that is what I meant.
You need to check your pm's mate, I messaged you about 4 years ago!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here