Coventry City vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***** Official Match Thread *****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam_Banana20

Nov 14, 2011
So you coming on Monday? How will we recognise you? Heard you had a growth on your forehead that looks like a penis? That why they call you Dick?
I live in Portugal otherwise I would go...I'd love to go to the AMEX stadium,lovely stadium.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
there are some jokers on the radio call in, complaining about not scouting a player from Bognor who subsequently signed for eastleigh...oh dear, it's not that desperate. Bad run at the moment but it will be turned around no doubt

Yea i thought it must be a relative of the player at bognor.

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
Come on everybody. We only have 1 good fit striker, we have 11 players injured and suspended and as a result haven't had a settled team for months. I firmly believe this is the worst it can get. Once Soton is out of the way, we'll begin the recovery unless we beat the Saints!
who,s the 1 good striker?????????????????????????????????

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
There's no doubt - the buck stops with Gus. The first goal was an absolute joke, most park football defenders would have been ashamed of it. I always try to look on the bright side and no doubt I'll feel a bit more optimistic tomorrow but right now it just feels like there are so many things wrong which Gus is either unable or unwilling to rectify that we're heading inexorably towards the relegation zone. Southampton, if they play half as good as they're capable of, will beat us on 2nd Jan and then, thank god, we don't play in the League again until 14th. We have to get at least a couple of players in by then, ideally a goalkeeper and a box to box midfielder. Please, someone tell me I'm wrong!
the problem is he only has plan a........ incapable of changing anything during a game

Adam_Banana20

Nov 14, 2011
CM-S is shite!Lamberto is way,way,way better.

Just back from the game - I live locally in Bedworth. This was an abject performance with little drive or passion. We looked better once Buckley and Lua Lua came on but, again, our distribution and final ball was poor. Our execution throughout the game was poor. I think that is the first time I have not clapped the team as they left the field.

Let's put this into perspective, Coventry were poor. We were poor. We are missing a keeper (Angers was definitely at fault for the 2nd), we miss a midfielder who can control a game and we miss a striker who can score. This to me, and I suspect by many, is obvious. This was a winnable game.

We lack pace and quickness of thought as too often, our midfield slowed it down and they did not support CMS and Paynter adequately. Coventry had a game plan and worked hard for each other. They got men behind the ball when required as were they incisive when required. However, they were still poor.

We also have a problem with referees and the club need to sort it out. This must (MUST) come from Gus as he should lead by example. We picked up two bookings because of our past. Simple.

All in all, we have a lot to sort out. No goals in four games (and we didn't really look like scoring today), four defeats on the bounce and with tough games ahead. We have the players to do it but we are not playing to our strengths. I think the belief has deserted us.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Just back from the game - I live locally in Bedworth. This was an abject performance with little drive or passion. We looked better once Buckley and Lua Lua came on but, again, our distribution and final ball was poor. Our execution throughout the game was poor. I think that is the first time I have not clapped the team as they left the field.

Let's put this into perspective, Coventry were poor. We were poor. We are missing a keeper (Angers was definitely at fault for the 2nd), we miss a midfielder who can control a game and we miss a striker who can score. This to me, and I suspect by many, is obvious. This was a winnable game.

We lack pace and quickness of thought as too often, our midfield slowed it down and they did not support CMS and Paynter adequately. Coventry had a game plan and worked hard for each other. They got men behind the ball when required as were they incisive when required. However, they were still poor.

We also have a problem with referees and the club need to sort it out. This must (MUST) come from Gus as he should lead by example. We picked up two bookings because of our past. Simple.

All in all, we have a lot to sort out. No goals in four games (and we didn't really look like scoring today), four defeats on the bounce and with tough games ahead. We have the players to do it but we are not playing to our strengths. I think the belief has deserted us.

This is worrying. Against the worst team in the league (apart from us at the moment) who started the game plum last and -25 goal difference.

I am worried about Southampton

and about Wrexham

and etc etc etc

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Post of the day. THIS.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
what, that team presently in 7th place in the table the team that beat the knuckle draggers from Bermondsey ??
And whats with the CMS is shite....only a few weeks ago you lot reckoned he was world class....hahahah

31/1/2012 :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports