Coventry City vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***** Official Match Thread *****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
There's no doubt - the buck stops with Gus. The first goal was an absolute joke, most park football defenders would have been ashamed of it. I always try to look on the bright side and no doubt I'll feel a bit more optimistic tomorrow but right now it just feels like there are so many things wrong which Gus is either unable or unwilling to rectify that we're heading inexorably towards the relegation zone. Southampton, if they play half as good as they're capable of, will beat us on 2nd Jan and then, thank god, we don't play in the League again until 14th. We have to get at least a couple of players in by then, ideally a goalkeeper and a box to box midfielder. Please, someone tell me I'm wrong!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I just don't understand why most posers (sorry posters) on here bother. We had a fantastic season 2010/2011 and any realist would surely have been satisfied with anywhere outside the bottom 3 for this year. Our great start obviously raised expectations but we are back to reality now and probably where we should be. We are a SMALL club compared to a lot of the teams in this league. My only concern is the discipline within the team and the number of silly yellow cards we concede. If we can get some of our crocks fit, stop getting bans and a couple of new players in during the window, we will be fine.

Happy New Year to all real supporters :albion2:

mh369

Mar 4, 2009
London
there are some jokers on the radio call in, complaining about not scouting a player from Bognor who subsequently signed for eastleigh...oh dear, it's not that desperate. Bad run at the moment but it will be turned around no doubt

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Coventry with 22 had the highest foul count in 90 minutes this season against us. As we had an average count of 8, they cannot blame the referee.

Our disciplinary record reminds of the middle seventies team of which everything was expected and we did not quite make it.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I just don't understand why most posers (sorry posters) on here bother. We had a fantastic season 2010/2011 and any realist would surely have been satisfied with anywhere outside the bottom 3 for this year. Our great start obviously raised expectations but we are back to reality now and probably where we should be. We are a SMALL club compared to a lot of the teams in this league. My only concern is the discipline within the team and the number of silly yellow cards we concede. If we can get some of our crocks fit, stop getting bans and a couple of new players in during the window, we will be fine.

Happy New Year to all real supporters :albion2:

This.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I've joined in the criticism of Warren Aspinall as much as anyone but he's talking a hell of lot of much-needed sense to some utterly thick arsebiscuit on the phone-in at the moment. Good on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports