Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Could this be an item for the Albion museum ?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
A thing of beauty. I presume it must have been worn by a player or member of staff 🤷🏼‍♂️

You can "presume" but unless it is authenticated as being worn by a player or signed, nobody (sane) is ever going to pay EIGHT GRAND for a tracksuit!

If the seller had provenance (coming from a player who played in the match or their family by way of example) then it increases in value but not 8K. NEVER 8K!!

Reactions: SAC

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
You can "presume" but unless it is authenticated as being worn by a player or signed, nobody (sane) is ever going to pay EIGHT GRAND for a tracksuit!

If the seller had provenance (coming from a player who played in the match or their family by way of example) then it increases in value but not 8K. NEVER 8K!!
To be fair, if you read the listing, the seller isn't asking 8K.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
We didn’t wear that tracksuit on the day we wore this one. I believe we wore the other one on the helicopter flight back home

Attachments

• 8B416CA5-D0DF-4E2C-959A-D9C8D28F2DDB.jpeg
    8B416CA5-D0DF-4E2C-959A-D9C8D28F2DDB.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 29

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
"In my opinion, the tracksuit has to be match issue or at least worn by someone who attended the game. This could be players, staff or club officials. The only time it appears is in photos of players/staff wearing it before getting onto the helicopter to be flown to Wembley. "

In other words - I have absolutely no idea if this genuine or not.....

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Wookiee. That picture is different from the actual video. Note the writing of Fly "The Seagulls" on the side. Now trying to remember if they flew to the replay or not. I think the tracksuit, whilst genuine, was only used for the promotion picture when the helicopter didn't take off.

But then in the pre-match managers interview Jimmy is clearly now wearing his tracksuit.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We didn’t wear that tracksuit on the day we wore this one. I believe we wore the other one on the helicopter flight back home
The club sell, or used to sell a replica of that tracksuit top. I'd be quite happy if they produced a replica of the one in the OP too to be honest. So much better than the generic Nike tracksuits we wear now, which are shared across clubs. I mean even the bloody 4th official was wearing the same design and colour tracksuit top that we had a few seasons ago.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Some good background info from wookie and Old man. Just find it funny how these items get in to peoples hands.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
The club sell, or used to sell a replica of that tracksuit top. I'd be quite happy if they produced a replica of the one in the OP too to be honest. So much better than the generic Nike tracksuits we wear now, which are shared across clubs. I mean even the bloody 4th official was wearing the same design and colour tracksuit top that we had a few seasons ago.
I agree, I think it’s a lovely top. Never knew it existed until today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here