Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Corrosive substance attack

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It’s interesting with this one. It’s more black people that commit way % of more crimes than their population. That is a fact unfortunately. Although they are searched kore - probably as a result of this sort of data. People shouldn’t be scared to highlight this for fear of being called racist though. In terms of the graph from
2020 on the gov uk site below: Asian is about the same - as is Chinese etc - white is lower. The black stat will only increase prejudice and racism unfortunately:

View attachment 174443

Fwiw in this case I think the twat is of Asian ethnicity.
It’s a definite issue and should be allowed to be discussed

Could be poverty related in a lot of cases

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Yep potentially for sure - the knock on of repression from years gone by. Poorer communities etc and desperation. There has to be reasons behind it.

I still don’t believe there’s such a thing as ‘white privilege’ though, having said those possibilities. That’s way too general a thing and a horrible, lazy grouping phrase imo!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Would you be prepared to pull the lever, flick the switch, pull the trigger, administer the injection or do whatever is needed to kill someone?
I wouldn’t.
Too broad a question.

If someone committed this act upon a loved one of mine, then yeah no problem. This scumbag has no useful role in society.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

It is a issue that is allowed to be discussed. The problem here is that nothing in zebedee's post suggested that he was talking about %. In fact his first quip of 'it wasn't going to be John smith' strongly suggested that he believes that the vast majority of these types of attacks were commited by non whites. Then is somewhat ambiguous comment about 'certain communities' seemed to compound this position.

My point is that Zebedee didn't really make any attempt to discuss the issue or provide any data to back up a clearly explained point. You and sheebo have done so and it really begs the question as to why these % are higher?

It is also notable that he hasn't come back to clarify his thoughts on this issue. Although perhaps he is thread banned so cannot.

I struggle with the idea that these cultural groups are inherently more disposed to criminal activities so perhaps their are other factors influencing these behaviours. Poverty perhaps, low income, systemic racism?

Perhaps this isn't the thread for this discussion though.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sadly typical violence against women and kids. Especially where the woman moves on. As old as the hills.

Too much micro analysis above imho about race, poverty etc. Middle class white men also murder/damage their ex partners.
Why is there too much analysis? What is the down side?

I would have thought that analysing the stats would throw up some significant factors on the reason behind some crimes. Reducing these factors could then reduce crime, surely what everyone would like?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why is there too much analysis? What is the down side?

I would have thought that analysing the stats would throw up some significant factors on the reason behind some crimes. Reducing these factors could then reduce crime, surely what everyone would like?
Yes I think it’s a healthy debate if you’re open minded and not racist… but appreciate it may not be the time and place when there are some poor victims and their families so apologise @Weststander if the discussion seemed inappropriate.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes I think it’s a healthy debate if you’re open minded and not racist… but appreciate it may not be the time and place when there are some poor victims and their families so apologise @Weststander if the discussion seemed inappropriate.

I wasn’t offended by the other disussions.

A personal view, I just think many males treat women and ex partners as punchbags.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The suspect in an alkali attack in south London was convicted of a sex offence in 2018 and was later granted asylum.

He was convicted of "sexual assault/exposure" in 2018, before being granted asylum in 2021 or 2022.

Ezedi arrived in the UK by lorry in 2016.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Too broad a question.

If someone committed this act upon a loved one of mine, then yeah no problem. This scumbag has no useful role in society.
In terms of the broadness of the situation, I wouldn’t be prepared to do it whatever the circumstances.
fully appreciate that others might/will feel differently.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
This is walking distance from me, just as was the murder of Sarah Everard.

That's a few minutes walk from there.

Why on earth anyone is discussing the race of the attacker is completely beyond me. Where were the stats on Met Police Officers ?

Bonkers.
The stats on Met Police Officers are pretty bad, aren't they? Convictions for murder, rape, coercive behaviour. Sackings for racism etc.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The suspect in an alkali attack in south London was convicted of a sex offence in 2018 and was later granted asylum.

He was convicted of "sexual assault/exposure" in 2018, before being granted asylum in 2021 or 2022.

Ezedi arrived in the UK by lorry in 2016.
Two asylum applications rejected before asylum was granted on the third application.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here