Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Corrosive substance attack

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was my thought at first.
Same - and it kind of was, wasn’t it? Known to him etc…

It sounded bizarre cos it was reported 8 people injuried or something - turns out several members of the public got burns and the prick himself…

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'm trying to get my head around why the twat(s) granted him asylum here.

He had already been convicted of a sexual assault by a British court. He had already been refused asylum TWICE.

Whoever granted him asylum needs to be publicly held to account.

Even setting aside the acid attack, he should have been kicked out of the country immediately he was convicted of sexual assault (or upon release from prison).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Same - and it kind of was, wasn’t it? Known to him etc…

It sounded bizarre cos it was reported 8 people injuried or something - turns out several members of the public got burns and the prick himself…

That stuff goes everywhere and burns whoever it touches.

Splash and spray from the initial pour, spray from people struggling and thrashing in pain, trying to get it off them.

It’s an absolutely horrific act. And also reports the suspect picked the 3 yr old up and smashed her on the pavement.

I’ve seen some sights but I honestly cannot imagine the horror that would have unfolded at the scene. Unthinkable.

I see he got a face full of it too. What a pity.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This is walking distance from me, just as was the murder of Sarah Everard.

That's a few minutes walk from there.

Why on earth anyone is discussing the race of the attacker is completely beyond me. Where were the stats on Met Police Officers ?

Bonkers.
Sadly the usual grifters in the public domain are trying to use this tragic incident to stir things up to further their own agendas.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You appear to have deleted your reply. That was quick :ohmy:
If you're referring to @BadFish , their reply appears to have merged into the quote - if you expand it, there's a response there:
I am not advocating racial profiling for a second HWT.
That post was about looking at the causes of of crime to try and reduce it. The poster I responded to thought we do this too much and I disagree.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If you're referring to @BadFish , their reply appears to have merged into the quote - if you expand it, there's a response there:
I am not advocating racial profiling for a second HWT.
That post was about looking at the causes of of crime to try and reduce it. The poster I responded to thought we do this too much and I disagree.

Cheers, not sure what happened there. Typing on my phone while getting in the car I think.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

He had already been convicted of a sexual assault by a British court. He had already been refused asylum TWICE.

Even setting aside the acid attack, he should have been kicked out of the country immediately he was convicted of sexual assault (or upon release from prison).
As I understand it he wasn’t sent to prison but given a suspended sentence (just stating for fact not opinion)

Any update on how the injured are?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
He was given asylum here on the third attempt... claiming he was a Christian (presumably therefore victimised in his home country 🤔) and his religion and character was vouched for by a priest...aahh thanks your worship 😠.

Oh, and he'd been convicted here before of sexual assault 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Not the first and probably won't be the last to claim the religious persecution card

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Sadly the usual grifters in the public domain are trying to use this tragic incident to stir things up to further their own agendas.
Like there are no agendas at play from the cohort that seek to suppress the implications of crimes committed by our new fellow citizens by equalising them to crimes committed by native U.K. born individuals. A reprehensible position if ever there was one.

Every crime committed by those that have arrived here, whether legally or illegally is an extra crime to those committed by our own native born shits.

If the agenda being pursued by some is that our Government is failing in its principle responsibility to keep U.K. citizens safe by having systems in place to prevent (say) convicted criminals arriving here then I would suggest that is not an extreme position.

These cases are just another example of how our ruling classes ignore the wishes of the electorate to exercise controls on borders and arrivals. That may be unpopular to those whose agenda is to keep them fully open, but if we are a democracy give the electorate the choice.

The Tories are dust principally because that was the choice given to the electorate they have deliberately failed to deliver.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cheers, not sure what happened there. Typing on my phone while getting in the car I think.
Lol! No worries, pal. Txting and driving can be so moreish. Especially when doing 120 on the M1 while rolling a fag with the other hand. Those were the days. :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
are you saying this government have been too soft on immigration, not done enough? or they are being too hard? we all know it's not working, i haven't heard any suggestions how we fix it though. nasty people exist, some come here through immigration. apparently some will even lie, the system lets some through. a few even commit crimes and we dont eject them, because reasons.
I am saying that making factious comments that 'at least we respected his human rights' is worthy of a facetious reply. Maybe it wasn't facetious enough.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
BBC went through that last part this morning. The decision to allow him to stay was correct, no error, based on our current immigration laws and the human rights convention.

Personally I see convictions for violence or ‘lesser’ sexual assault as a major red flag, I’d rather a harsher regime. But then the criminal can claim they’ll be murdered back home or that kicking them is a breach of their human rights.

R5’s legal expert said that any sexual conviction, because of the inherent harm caused, invalidates asylum.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

Yes that maybe what most would think but doesn't work that way. Quite apart from his apparent religious conversation which would result in his death if returned home, the fact he was a convicted sex offender would also probably result in his death so noway we can deport him. If that is the case then what else would we do with him?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
As I understand it he wasn’t sent to prison but given a suspended sentence (just stating for fact not opinion)

Any update on how the injured are?
He was still convicted of a sexual offence. Many that go on to rape or commit sexual murders start out with "low level" sex crimes such as flashing and groping.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yes that maybe what most would think but doesn't work that way. Quite apart from his apparent religious conversation which would result in his death if returned home, the fact he was a convicted sex offender would also probably result in his death so noway we can deport him. If that is the case then what else would we do with him?
Religious conversion my arse! How is this "religious conversion" tested?

There has to be a line. If you are seeking asylum and you commit a criminal offence of which you are convicted, you lose any right to live here. Upon conviction or release from prison first plane back home. There are plenty of asylum seekers, many who we are putting through hell by not processing their application and housing in detention centres, for me to cry a river of tears for a convicted sex offender.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He was still convicted of a sexual offence. Many that go on to rape or commit sexual murders start out with "low level" sex crimes such as flashing and groping.
As i said it was just confirming fact ..I deliberately put in brackets ‘not for opinion’, so as to avoid that sort of reply

I don’t disagree with your assessment..the very FACT that he was convicted along with other things Is sufficient imo to back up the argument.

:)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Who was PM during all that? If we are looking for escape goats. As some seem to be.
It's bad enough trying to find these absconded asylum seekers without looking for escaped goats as well.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Religious conversion my arse! How is this "religious conversion" tested?

There has to be a line. If you are seeking asylum and you commit a criminal offence of which you are convicted, you lose any right to live here. Upon conviction or release from prison first plane back home. There are plenty of asylum seekers, many who we are putting through hell by not processing their application and housing in detention centres, for me to cry a river of tears for a convicted sex offender.
I don't disagree with you however under the human rights act we can't send him back and a plethora of human rights lawyers will fight to make sure he stays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here