Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell Declared Out Of Race

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So basically you're all numpties who wanted Slade sacked more than anything, but there is only one manager in the whole football universe who could replace him?

Makes one despair

Errr...can you pick up that 'f***' over there, and take it off somewhere please.

I did NOT want Slade sacked in the first place, and was NOT one of the ones calling for his head.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I want Wise to get the job. I don't understand people's opposition to him. Wise would make the team nastier, which suits me. Teams are an expression of the manager's personality. I don't mind if we are a combative side, so long as we are successful. McGhee's Albion side wasn't exactly angelic, nor was the man himself, but it was respected.

Football isn't a beauty contest.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I want Wise to get the job. I don't understand people's opposition to him. Wise would make the team nastier, which suits me. Teams are an expression of the manager's personality. I don't mind if we are a combative side, so long as we are successful. McGhee's Albion side wasn't exactly angelic, nor was the man himself, but it was respected.

Football isn't a beauty contest.
But we already have a load of red cards already!

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
We're being played here - the Hull factor - Coppell favourite, rules himself out...hope I'm wrong but I get the feeling it will be Wise and as other candidates fall away for one reason or another the anti Wise movement will fizzle away as he will appear to be the only option.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We're being played here - the Hull factor - Coppell favourite, rules himself out...hope I'm wrong but I get the feeling it will be Wise and as other candidates fall away for one reason or another the anti Wise movement will fizzle away as he will appear to be the only option.

Are you telling me that of all the candidates available (whoever they may be, and there apparently have been plenty of applications), that Wise is the best one?

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Are you telling me that of all the candidates available (whoever they may be, and there apparently have been plenty of applications), that Wise is the best one?

No - I'm saying that things can be manipulated to make it seem that he is the only viable option. I certainly don't want Wise to have anything to do with the Club.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well that makes the decision to sack Slade looks a bit silly - I assumed there was somebody lined up.

f*** sake.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I want Dowie for one reason only.

If I sat next to him, I'd look gorgeous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here