Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell Declared Out Of Race

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But does it? The vast majority of managers are not a success first time round, so there is zero evidence that they will be any better or worse second time. Your argument holds no water.

I fear I must disagree... If you list clubs who have had the same manager twice you will notice that second time around IS usually a failure. You are more than welcome to list any exceptions to this rule... but you won't find many.
Your counter arguement is deeply flawed. Just look at second time around length of service for instance. If you give a manager 2 years of ineffective management and results.. is he likely to get 3 years next time ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I fear I must disagree... If you list clubs who have had the same manager twice you will notice that second time around IS usually a failure. You are more than welcome to list any exceptions to this rule... but you won't find many.
Your counter arguement is deeply flawed. Just look at second time around length of service for instance. If you give a manager 2 years of ineffective management and results.. is he likely to get 3 years next time ?

If you list clubs who have a manager once you will notice that first time round IS usually a failure too, so it makes zero difference.

I add Dario Gradi to the list of successful managers second time round whilst I'm at it.

My point is that is makes f*** all difference how many times you have been manager, unless you have a huge pot of money, it is usually LUCK that determines success, as the people making decisions (directors and fans) are pretty clueless.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you list clubs who have a manager once you will notice that first time round IS usually a failure too, so it makes zero difference.

I add Dario Gradi to the list of successful managers second time round whilst I'm at it.

My point is that is makes f*** all difference how many times you have been manager, unless you have a huge pot of money, it is usually LUCK that determines success, as the people making decisions (directors and fans) are pretty clueless.

So then, If Coppell had come back and we.. oh I can't be bothered.. he's not coming and thats that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Off in 2 weeks time. Staying on Postdamer Platz.

Nice one, fancy area and a great time to go as November is 20 jahre mauerfall. Loads of stuff going on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
it could be worse lets go for Garth Crooks :jester: he knows what he's talking about:thumbsup:

He might..................but nobody else does!

Curbishley would be good, if we can get him (though if I'd just trousered two million I wouldn't want to work - period!)

Gareth Southgate, given his record, wouldn't fill me with confidence (and why are all the people shouting 'Palarse Scum' about Coppell not doing the same for Southgate? At least Coppell never PLAYED for them!)

Is Steve Nicol looking for a way back to blighty after a few very successful years in the USA? - he'd be good.

Jamie Redknapp? Well, he might be able to borrow a few decent players from his Dad, and if he appointed his wife as youth team coach we'd have first pick of all the best young players in the land and a youth academy really worth having!

Whoever we get, though, I'll support them all the way - AS LONG AS IT'S NOT *!#*@* DENIS WISE!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So then, If Coppell had come back and we.. oh I can't be bothered.. he's not coming and thats that.

We were relegated under Coppell first time round, so it can't be much worse if he had been reappointed by Bloom.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
See the latest article in the Argus today still relates back to the same comment from yesterday. Nothing new or anything concrete, where did this come from? ? ?

I will stick with the "no smoke without fire" and guess that just maybe Coppell isn't 100% ruled out.

Maybe everyone got confused and it will be this coming Tuesday :facepalm: :thumbsup:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
See the latest article in the Argus today still relates back to the same comment from yesterday. Nothing new or anything concrete, where did this come from? ? ?

I will stick with the "no smoke without fire" and guess that just maybe Coppell isn't 100% ruled out.

Maybe everyone got confused and it will be this coming Tuesday :facepalm: :thumbsup:
I admire your optimism. :lol:

Best case scenario I think is Hull sack Brown, name Curbishley, Coppell decides maybe Brighton would be a good move for him. :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here