Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell Declared Out Of Race

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There isn't really anyone else "knocking about" that I wanted. I'm horrified at the prospect of Wise or Cotterill. I'd be underwhelmed at Tilson (although he's still in a job). Peter Taylor has hardly been on an upward curve these last few years. John Gregory has been mentioned, but he's been out of the game a couple of years and has NEVER been down at our levels, would hardly be a popular choice. Curbishly is going to be out of our reach, his stock will be a lot higher than taking on a two-bob outfit like ours.

Once again we're left sifting through scraps again. I cannot BELIEVE we've ditched Slade without having someone lined up. I really thought Coppell had been sounded out, and it was a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's to get him in, but now we know that wasn't the case. Its starting to look a bit of a shambles I'm afraid.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Am really f***ed off.
There is no one else available.

No thanks to Wise, Curbs - no chance. Southgate - hope not.
Peter Taylor.... probably not

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
There isn't really anyone else "knocking about" that I wanted. I'm horrified at the prospect of Wise or Cotterill. I'd be underwhelmed at Tilson (although he's still in a job). Peter Taylor has hardly been on an upward curve these last few years. John Gregory has been mentioned, but he's been out of the game a couple of years and has NEVER been down at our levels, would hardly be a popular choice. Curbishly is going to be out of our reach, his stock will be a lot higher than taking on a two-bob outfit like ours.

Once again we're left sifting through scraps again. I cannot BELIEVE we've ditched Slade without having someone lined up. I really thought Coppell had been sounded out, and it was a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's to get him in, but now we know that wasn't the case. Its starting to look a bit of a shambles I'm afraid.

Agree, and the worrying thing is I'm starting to think Wise might be the best we can get now.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This club is starting to look a bit of a shambles in the same way that Adolf Hitler is starting to look like a bit of a nasty piece of work.
people may look back on the days of Knight and not be quite so critical in future:fishing:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bugger. I really wanted Coppell, he was so far and above my 1st choice I haven't even considered an alternative. I think Tony might have been thinking likewise......

Bollocks. We're in a bit of a mess aren't we?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
OH SHIT! These are bad times!!!! Coppell was the one i thought would take us up and away, now i reckon it's doom and gloom and Brighton and Hove Albion at the moment. We need someone like Curbs, can't think of anyone else!

Am really f***ed off.
There is no one else available.

There isn't really anyone else "knocking about" that I wanted.

So basically you're all numpties who wanted Slade sacked more than anything, but there is only one manager in the whole football universe who could replace him?

Makes one despair

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Because, quite simply (and as Giraffe wrote earlier), he is Palarse scum. Good riddance.

So you'd turn away one of the most highly rated, respected, intelligent and astute managers in the game, because he used to manage Crystal Palace.

:facepalm:

Struth, get a grip.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
it could be worse lets go for Garth Crooks :jester: he knows what he's talking about:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here