Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Wickham

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wickham drifts A LOT to the wing. We wouldn't be getting a Van Nistlerooy-type striker who won't leave the 6 yard box. He has pace as well.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Milan Mandaric has told The Star there is a “good chance” Sheffield Wednesday will bring talismanic striker Connor Wickham back to Hillsborough.

Wickham, the Owls’ leading goalscorer, returned to Sunderland yesterday after they opted to recall the England Under-21 international early from his loan spell with the Championship club.

The forward, who netted eight goals in 11 starts for Wednesday, was due to go back to the Black Cats after tonight’s crunch Championship clash with Millwall.

But chairman Mandaric, who plans to draft in a director of football in the future, says the Owls remain in dialogue with Sunderland over recruiting Wickham on loan for a third time.

He said: “There is a good chance that we will get Connor back.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/shef...nesday-owls-hope-for-wickham-return-1-6400446

D

Deleted member 22389

I honestly think it will be more of a loan. I would be shocked if we signed someone like that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
To slow and rarely scores good championship player.

According to Gus, a £5M player who could play for Real Madrid. His words. I suggest you might be underestimating Liam.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Milan Mandaric has told The Star there is a “good chance” Sheffield Wednesday will bring talismanic striker Connor Wickham back to Hillsborough.

Wickham, the Owls’ leading goalscorer, returned to Sunderland yesterday after they opted to recall the England Under-21 international early from his loan spell with the Championship club.

The forward, who netted eight goals in 11 starts for Wednesday, was due to go back to the Black Cats after tonight’s crunch Championship clash with Millwall.

But chairman Mandaric, who plans to draft in a director of football in the future, says the Owls remain in dialogue with Sunderland over recruiting Wickham on loan for a third time.

He said: “There is a good chance that we will get Connor back.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/shef...nesday-owls-hope-for-wickham-return-1-6400446

Read the comments from Wednesday fans. The overriding opinion is that MM is posturing to save face.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
Can not see Oscar of Barcelona tradition reverting to a 4 4 2
With the absence of crofts 4 2 3 1 could be a pragmatic comprise.
But Oscar in interviews talks of playing one way so I cannot see that
happening either.
With so many clubs only playing one striker players must realize that
opportunities for a central striker are limited.
If they want the game time they have to be able to adapt.
Wickham has more pace than Barnes cannot see why he cannot be even
better than Barnes as a wide attacker ( headers at the back post)
He may want to lead the line if he drops to the championship but will
Sunderland give him the choice

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Read the comments from Wednesday fans. The overriding opinion is that MM is posturing to save face.

And he probably is. Unless SW offered Sunderland daft money for him, they have no chance of keeping him all the while we are interested and at the negotiating table with Bridcutt and Buckley.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I really don't want another loan player...Wickham or otherwise.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You don't normally believe Gus though....

I think Gus is overestimating Liam when he mentions Real Madrid, but I was countering another poster claiming Liam is merely a good Championship player!

I wouldn't trust Gus as far as I could throw him!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I really don't want another loan player...Wickham or otherwise.

Nor do I, but it would buy us time to sign a striker on a permanent deal in the summer, whilst maintaining our promotion push. I would only accept a loan as a sweetener tho', i.e. I wouldn't knock too much off of our asking price for Liam.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I cannot believe some people are even contemplating the selling of ulloa!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Wickham drifts A LOT to the wing. We wouldn't be getting a Van Nistlerooy-type striker who won't leave the 6 yard box. He has pace as well.

Does he drift to the wing a lot....... if that the case and he is happy to play on the left side of a front 3 then i would be delighted to take him on loan.

im not convinced though.

I think your just working him into the side somehow ;-)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly ! amazing, the best forward i have seen for us in a decade, and people want to piss him off by bringing in a loan player who is not as good !

So we are now supposed to take into account how first team players will react if we sign some competition? Really?

Unless you have been watching Sheffield Wednesday I'm not sure how you know he's not as good. He's younger and was signed for 4 times the amount we paid for Ulloa, I'd suggest there is a good chance he's even better personally. I hope we get the chance to find out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here