Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Goldson Tweet

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The racist abuse is unacceptable and I hope the fan is found and banned and prosecuted. Derby will shrug it off as an isolated incident. Yet the 100's of Derby supporters screaming homophobic abuse goes unpunished.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Quite - perfectly correct to post the allegation, which I hate and am embarrassed about but some of the bluster that followed is laughable. This sort of thing has probably never happened at Brighton right? I suppose the irony in generalising everyone from Derby as a 'racist neanderthal' is lost on many.

Oh and the posts about the area and in particular Grindleford, brilliant. :facepalm:

Sure, it's wrong to tar everyone with the same brush.everyone has idiots.

But the booing of someone being stretched off, by what was the majority of the crowd?

And no mention on the Derby statement of the homophobic abuse. Or as that wasn't reported, then I guess it's acceptable

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Like many i was at the last two Derby away games and had no trouble or dislike of the Derby fans, however we were soundly beaten on both occasions.
The script was thrown out of the window yesterday as far as some Derby fans were concerned, had they been 3-0 up before Solly went off then i do not think he would have been booed, not sure about the moron that abused Goldson though as he was there with his son...a great role model that "dad".
Derby get good home crowds, as do we, bound to get more morons than average.

Yep: this all day.

I exchanged words with some Derby on the way back.
It pretty much went like this:

Them: some of your lot were being arrogant in the pub beforehand.
Me: we're enjoying ourselves, you gotta savour times like this.
Them: they weren't like your normal lot, not pleasant, said you would win three nil
Me: they're just having a laugh - no harm done
Them: you weren't like that when we beat you in the play offs
Me: yeah well you were playing our reserves in the second leg
Them: this lot were different - must be new
Me: doubt it - we're confident & they're pulling your chain a bit
Them: the time wasting was over the top.
Me: nah - par for the course - what there was of it.
Them: your lot were going down at the slightest touch
Me: I saw that. Especially the lad stretchered off & the fella with head stitches
Them: Brighton's football was boring.
Me: yeah playing 442 and leading twice away from home sent me to sleep.
Them: our fans don't mind Zamora
Me: I noticed that when we sang his name
Them: your squad is thin, you won't keep it up.
Me: we already are, but that's the risk you take when you don't spend £20m
Them: we'll go up automatically, probably with Boro.
Me: you must be getting fed up of saying that every year.
Them: you didn't bring many
Me: yeah - thought it would be more but not awful 2 weeks before Christmas. You coming to Brighton?
Them: dunno. We get off here.
Me: you live in Loughborough?
Them: yeah
Me: right :D

It was all fairly good natured but their sense of entitlement just could not handle little old Brighton giving them a scare. They were so busy agreeing with each other they hardly clocked what I said. You could almost smell the fear that they would choke again as they tried to rationalise all was OK. Sad really to live in fear.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
it's just like the few of our lot who:

abuse ground staff for doing their job (calling them Nazis, pigs, *******s and getting belligerent when they're told to sit down, what gate to use, that they can't misbehave)
spend the entire match shouting disgusting slurs about the opposition, including homophobic and racial abuse
treat the catering staff awfully when there's massive queues for food & drink in a packed stadium
go around harassing locals on away days

it's unacceptable. I know it's just a minority but sometimes I feel so ashamed that I don't want to attend.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's easy to be magnanimous when your team has just won a semi final 6-2.
It's easy to say please and thank you too, but I think you'll find a significant chunk of the general public feel this sort of courtesy isn't important when it comes to them.

Yes being magnanimous is easy to do when you've won, but it's still a sign of class. Better than gloating.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As always, these stats need a bit of context. For example I can imagine that the Derby-Forest fixtures get a bit lively.

Well then it can be deduced that those clubs whose fans partake rival "activities" have more moron supporters than other clubs.

Awful backward county. Visits to Chesterfield have always been unpleasant, as have away games at Derby. Friends of mine lived in a place called Grindleford, Derbyshire and it was like going back in time whenever we'd visit.
???
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Awful backward county. Visits to Chesterfield have always been unpleasant, as have away games at Derby. Friends of mine lived in a place called Grindleford, Derbyshire and it was like going back in time whenever we'd visit.

Chesterfield. Horrible nasty little inbred town. Been there three times with Brighton. Hopefully there will never be a forth. Still not as bad as Bolsover down the road though.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Some people need to dismount from their high horses. You'd imagine that Brighton was entirely populated by sensitive, latte-sipping PhDs, when the reality is that the behaviour of a significant minority of our own fans – especially at away games – leaves very much to be desired.

All football clubs have their share of stupid and ignorant followers. To characterise 30,000 fans based on the behaviour or message board postings of a tiny minority is completely ridiculous.
If you had been there you would have understood this was all based on jealously Derby fans now know they still are not good enough, comments by their manager weren't accurate after the game -he is in a singular bubble , and leaving the ground on a coach a derby fan was making sexual movements with his hips and hands while his young daughter watched his antics
a) they like boro a few seasons ago are insanely jealous
b) some of their fans act like retards -just let out for the day !
overall they were worried about us (flags given away proof that ) and they should be-- they will collapse again this season , I think they have who they deserve in the small minded cant be honest to save his life clement
p.s: they were very lucky to get a point and they know it

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Quite - perfectly correct to post the allegation, which I hate and am embarrassed about but some of the bluster that followed is laughable. This sort of thing has probably never happened at Brighton right? I suppose the irony in generalising everyone from Derby as a 'racist neanderthal' is lost on many.

Oh and the posts about the area and in particular Grindleford, brilliant. :facepalm:

I notice you choose to live elsewhere.

My comments about the county in general and Chesterfield/ in particular are based on numerous visits-not just a nip in and out football excursion. Chesterfield is the only place I've been following The Albion where a bunch of thugs burst into the pub we were in 'Looking for the queer bar stards-any of the fu*kers in here'? You might have a soft spot for the place-I don't share your opinion.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

It happens everywhere, but the multiple incidents at Derby County, which have carried on even today on social media, has focused our attention on your football club. Unfortunately for the vast majority of normal Derby fans, the actions of a few have painted an unpleasant picture of your club.

Sad but true.

We should be talking about an exciting game between two good sides, not this.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I notice you choose to live elsewhere.

My comments about the county in general and Chesterfield/ in particular are based on numerous visits-not just a nip in and out football excursion. Chesterfield is the only place I've been following The Albion where a bunch of thugs burst into the pub we were in 'Looking for the queer bar stards-any of the fu*kers in here'? You might have a soft spot for the place-I don't share your opinion.

That's quite a silly statement, if I came on here and said West Sussex is a sh!thole and I know because I'm a regular visitor to Burgess Hill, I'd be rightly pilloried. It doesn't give your argument much credence if you describe Derbyshire as 'awful' as I suspect very few people would agree with you.

It happens everywhere, but the multiple incidents at Derby County, which have carried on even today on social media, has focused our attention on your football club. Unfortunately for the vast majority of normal Derby fans, the actions of a few have painted an unpleasant picture of your club.

Sad but true.

We should be talking about an exciting game between two good sides, not this.

Point I was making though is though is that there was a lot of high and mightiness here when I suspect a simple search would fine an example of each one of the (multiple??) incidents, whatever happened, has happened at Brighton. As you mention, happens everywhere and I'm not sure Derby's reputation is unduly sullied since Saturday......

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
It's worth pointing out that not only is Chesterfield not a hotbed of Derby County support (it's more, er, Chesterfield or one of the Sheffield clubs) but it's a former mining community - I wouldn't expect someone who's grown up sandwiched between the South Downs and the sea to understand why attitudes appear to be stuck in the 1970s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here