Connor Goldson Tweet

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hmmm, using the actions of one idiot to make sweeping generalisations about a club or indeed an entire town...
It may have been the same person, but booing a lad being stretchered off the pitch, racially abusing a player and throwing around homophobic abuse sounds like he had a pretty full day.

It's obviously not all of them, but on today's evidence, some Derby fans have shown themselves to be an unpleasant bunch.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Derby should be investigating this and banning the fan, totally disgraceful

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A black friend of mine was abused by Brighton fans whilst we were in the away end a few years ago. So careful to label clubs as racist, it's people.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we really forget how lucky we are on the south-coast......particularly in Sussex , which , despite a few minor blemishes , really is god's country.

it is truly grim up north.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Awful,backward town full of awful backward people,truly a holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle show.

Awful backward county. Visits to Chesterfield have always been unpleasant, as have away games at Derby. Friends of mine lived in a place called Grindleford, Derbyshire and it was like going back in time whenever we'd visit.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1449968805916.gif

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Connor Goldson claims he was racially abused by Derby fan

The Argus

Police are investigating an allegation by Brighton and Hove Albion footballer Connor Goldson that he was racially abused.
Goldson made the claim on social media after Albion's 2-2 draw against Derby County at the iPro Stadium today.
The defender, who was watching the match in the East Midlands, tweeted: "Always great being in the stand on a Saturday afternoon and being called a black ******* by a Derby fan with his child. Great day."

Goldson's shocked team-mate David Stockdale, the Albion goalkeeper, tweeted: "Disgusted that a derby fan today racially abused one of our players...No place in the world should any person have to take that!#kickitout"

Not nice for anyone to witness this. Racist Neanderthals.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Outraged that this can happen. I am sure that the vast majority of Derby fans will be equally outraged.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Outraged that this can happen. I am sure that the vast majority of Derby fans will be equally outraged.

I know, letting a black person into the main stand. Whatever next?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Some people need to dismount from their high horses. You'd imagine that Brighton was entirely populated by sensitive, latte-sipping PhDs, when the reality is that the behaviour of a significant minority of our own fans – especially at away games – leaves very much to be desired.

All football clubs have their share of stupid and ignorant followers. To characterise 30,000 fans based on the behaviour or message board postings of a tiny minority is completely ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 22389

They are probably annoyed that they couldn't beat little ol brighton yesterday. There seems to be a certain amount of arrogance that they are somehow entitled to premier league football. They had their chance and blew it, now its time to move over and let other clubs have a go.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
After sleeping on it, I have to say, that I hate Derby even more today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports