Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Goldson Tweet

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Some people need to dismount from their high horses. You'd imagine that Brighton was entirely populated by sensitive, latte-sipping PhDs, when the reality is that the behaviour of a significant minority of our own fans – especially at away games – leaves very much to be desired.

All football clubs have their share of stupid and ignorant followers. To characterise 30,000 fans based on the behaviour or message board postings of a tiny minority is completely ridiculous.

Quite - perfectly correct to post the allegation, which I hate and am embarrassed about but some of the bluster that followed is laughable. This sort of thing has probably never happened at Brighton right? I suppose the irony in generalising everyone from Derby as a 'racist neanderthal' is lost on many.

Oh and the posts about the area and in particular Grindleford, brilliant. :facepalm:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Can I say that at the play-off game two years back, the home fans clapped our coaches out of the car park as a sign of respect to fellow supporters. There was no abuse at all. Pre match was also spent in a mixed pub with no trouble. Yesterdays events shocked me and whilst the booing of Solly was not a minority of the crowd I'd like to think the abuse was.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Obnoxious and they need to be banned but the racism and the booing of Solly yet more signs that teams and other supporters are beginning to think we might be good. The derby supporters I've come across have always been decent sorts

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Some people need to dismount from their high horses. You'd imagine that Brighton was entirely populated by sensitive, latte-sipping PhDs, when the reality is that the behaviour of a significant minority of our own fans – especially at away games – leaves very much to be desired.

All football clubs have their share of stupid and ignorant followers. To characterise 30,000 fans based on the behaviour or message board postings of a tiny minority is completely ridiculous.

chart.jpg

Statistics suggest we do have a better bunch of fans. Derby quite high up n the moron fans stakes. Outdoing Millwall.

SAC

May 21, 2014
View attachment 70602

Statistics suggest we do have a better bunch of fans. Derby quite high up n the moron fans stakes. Outdoing Millwall.

Although a good indication, it could also be an indication of how the local police treat football fans. If you go to away matches you soon realise that tolerance changes depends on where you are in the country. The figures are also arrests, as opposed to convictions.

I hope that the racist was reported at the time which makes it much easier to find the culprit.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can I say that at the play-off game two years back, the home fans clapped our coaches out of the car park as a sign of respect to fellow supporters. There was no abuse at all. Pre match was also spent in a mixed pub with no trouble. Yesterdays events shocked me and whilst the booing of Solly was not a minority of the crowd I'd like to think the abuse was.

It's easy to be magnanimous when your team has just won a semi final 6-2.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's quite obvious that the crowd was wound up into thinking that their 20 million pound team just had to turn up to beat little Brighton ( who had had no injuries, and hadn't played anyone decent yet ).

When that didn't happen, the reaction wasn't that admirable.

We move on, and continue to luckily not play any decent teams.

A professional win at QPR please, and perhaps Middlesbrough will slip up vs Burnley.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It's quite obvious that the crowd was wound up into thinking that their 20 million pound team just had to turn up to beat little Brighton ( who had no injuries, and hadn't played anyone decent yet ).When that didn't happen, the reaction wasn't that admirable.

We move on, and continue to luckily not play any decent teams.

A professional win at QPR please, and perhaps Middlesbrough will slip up vs Burnley.

Every game now, innit

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Derby have made a statement. Btw you can add homophobic comments to the racist comments already made.

[tweet]675994776169283584[/tweet]

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I fuc"ing hate Derby, bunch of ignorant neanderthals.

They don't have 'mind your head' signs on low door frames - They have 'mind your knuckles' :whistle:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Like many i was at the last two Derby away games and had no trouble or dislike of the Derby fans, however we were soundly beaten on both occasions.
The script was thrown out of the window yesterday as far as some Derby fans were concerned, had they been 3-0 up before Solly went off then i do not think he would have been booed, not sure about the moron that abused Goldson though as he was there with his son...a great role model that "dad".
Derby get good home crowds, as do we, bound to get more morons than average.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Derby have made a statement. Btw you can add homophobic comments to the racist comments already made.

[tweet]675994776169283584[/tweet]

Good stuff, and someone managed to confuse Connor with 'Chris Houghton' (sic) but then again you have to let them off that one, after all one black or mixed race man is just like any other - just ask Lenny Henry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here