Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Goldson signs on a 4-year deal

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Welcome to the club Goldson, best of luck.

I expect this means Dunk is off, a shame but I have every faith the club will get a good fee.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He looks hard as nails and determined. Yet another leader in the squad. Think we have found our new Adam El-Abd.

No red cards and 'only' 12 yellows, last season.
That's not going to cut the mustard with teammates that seem to be attracting cards nearly every game.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
First press conference, sounds hungry for action!

http://www.player.seagulls.co.uk/latest-news

He certainly sounds very confident in his ability. These press conferences usualyy turn out the same old noises but this lad is something else. Could prove to be our best signing this season.

If we can keep Dunk i'm very confident we could finish top 6 providing we add another attacking option.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
New figures being bandied about now on their forum, £250 up front, £100k over the next 12 mths, £125k when reaching 25 appearances, another £125k when reaching 50 appearances, and a 15% sell on clause.

So basically £600k with a 15% sell on clause.

He subsequently edited his post to change the sell-on % to 10%, and when somebody asked him why he changed it he said:

Totally made up the figures to demonstrate how easily it is to post something and make it appear fact!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Niggling me a bit that this lad supposedly turned down Swansea as didn't want to just play in u21s yet hasn't been in our squad at all. He seems very highly rated - hope he's not regretting the move. Anyone think the club were pretty sure Dunk was off? Although surely they'd have waited and sounded Shrewsbury out first if that was the case and only gone for Goldson if Dunk went...? Odd one...

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Isn't he recovering from injury? Seem to recall reading he didn't play the last Shrewsbury game before he was signed due to injury, though some speculated this was a 'just about to be signed niggle' ... ? :wink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Niggling me a bit that this lad supposedly turned down Swansea as didn't want to just play in u21s yet hasn't been in our squad at all. He seems very highly rated - hope he's not regretting the move. Anyone think the club were pretty sure Dunk was off?
I'm surprised we need so many good CBs, but perhaps Greer is expected to slow down soon. The club didn't have to give Dunk a new contract, so I assume they wanted all 4. It's unlikely that none will be injured or suspended, so with 2 playing, and 1 on the bench, they should all get a chance. Hopefully he's happy, and if he doesn't get a chance for a while, he'll still get it sooner than if he was at Swansea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here