Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Goldson signs on a 4-year deal

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
That depends if you trust the recruitment system and so far they have done a good job especially just recently with Hune. This summer we have been far more active in solid acquisitions than at any time in the Amex era and well before the end of the window. We seem ahead of the game this summer so I can only trust that they know what they are doing.

Careful! You will called a licker by those who know more than us :)

Millshrew

Aug 19, 2015
Another Shrews fan here, he was loved by the town fans. Quality footballer, pace and height. You don't see many lads of his age that have played over 100 games at centre half and captain of a team on many many occasions. Makes the odd mistake but the 1 a game that have been quoted by other town fans isn't accurate. He's a class act, will definitely be keeping an eye out for your guys score on a Saturday. Great coup and I hope he plays. Also Elliot Bennet has said its a good move for him on Twitter last night, wouldn't surprise me is Connor has spoken to him before signing.
All the best for the season guys!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very happy with this - surely Dunks replacement given age and potential.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Brilliant. A Shrewsbury town defender to replace our top goal scorer and future England player at defence.

I am really excited by this.
Do you rely think Dunk is all that? I am not overly bothered by England these days but if he ends up at the heart of the defence, I despair for England.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He looks a very good prospect to me

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When you look ast that list it shows thta we have now got our transfers right. Cover in nearly all positions, a 'generally' younger more able and agile squad.

Excited moi? Oui!

TNBA

TTF

Moi aussi.

I'm just wondering why we had to pay top dollar to watch so much dirge last season.

The only extra money the club has received is a little bit of 'staying up' bonus.
Plus all the money it didn't spend on goal and win bonuses.

Yet this season we have an exciting team pretty much ready to go, while last season was all about scratching around for hand outs.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Moi aussi.

I'm just wondering why we had to pay top dollar to watch so much dirge last season.

The only extra money the club has received is a little bit of 'staying up' bonus.

Yet this season we have an exciting team pretty much ready to go, while last season was all about scratching around for hand outs.

Plus money re Ulloa/Leicester staying up (Buckley?).......no Mr Burke around to mastermind its spending

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Plus money re Ulloa/Leicester staying up (Buckley?).......no Mr Burke around to mastermind its spending

Why you no read :lol:

The 'stay up' bonus money will be just a small percentage of the cash the club had already banked, but didn't spend, a year ago.
Granted the individual bonus money could have ended up as quite a substantial sum, that previously I hadn't thought of :lol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome Connor. He looks a great prospect, lots of experience for his age, sought after by other clubs at our level. We have also got Dunky's replacement in early, so great work again by our new Recruitment team. What's not to like?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Moi aussi.

Baldock and Stockdale were pretty expensive "hand outs".

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why you no read :lol:

The 'stay up' bonus money will be just a small percentage of the cash the club had already banked, but didn't spend, a year ago.
Granted the individual bonus money could have ended up as quite a substantial sum, that previously I hadn't thought of :lol:

:facepalm:

velly solly i read that as the amount we would get for still being in the championship...silly me:blush:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Shrewsbury fans posting on here, and on their forum, and on twitter, have shown an enormous amount of CLASS over this transfer.

I hope that ours can show half as much if and when Dunk moves.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
New figures being bandied about now on their forum, £250 up front, £100k over the next 12 mths, £125k when reaching 25 appearances, another £125k when reaching 50 appearances, and a 15% sell on clause.

So basically £600k with a 15% sell on clause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here