Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Goldson signs on a 4-year deal

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Remember the last time we bought a young promising defender from a L1 club on a long contract - Adam Chicksen.
Like Godson, MK Dons [young] player of the season.

Has played only a handful of league games and ended up on loan to the likes of Gillingham and Fleetwood.

Doesn't always work out.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Remember the last time we bought a young promising defender from a L1 club on a long contract - Adam Chicksen.

Has played only a handful of league games and ended up on loan to the likes of Gillingham and Fleetwood.

Doesn't always work out.

Away with your qualifying realism. Start getting excited and collating tweets for your next BF post.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Doesn't always work out.

Different man in charge of recruitment and a different manager to give the final OK. I have more confidence now in player selection and the class of player being brought into the club, than at anytime since Poyet left.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Very excited by this signing. Also very interesting if it is true we have turned down the bid for Dunk. 4 decent cbs is key to success.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My favourite football fans are Shrewsbury fans

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Doesn't always work out.

I've seen this comparison a couple of times and it doesn't stack up.

I remember at the time MK Dons fans saying that Chicksen wasn't even their best leftback. Chicksen was 3 years younger and had nowhere near as much league experience. Goldson wass their actual player of the yeat, not the young one.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

A bit different this time in that the majority of MK Dons fans weren't fussed about him going and were actually surprised he managed to get a Champ side to buy him. Also I don't recall anyone else after him at the time.

This time plenty of other clubs were after Goldson, plus he's played over a 100 times already and been captain.

But yes overall I do agree, but all signings are a risk aren't they.

Doesn't always work out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You weren't ambushed up there then when they bravely picked off a few stragglers?
Oh. Do I need to rethink my man-love?

Not to be confused with: Do I need to rethink my man, love?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Doesn't always work out.

I think this may be the most negative thing you've ever posted?

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Thinking about shirt numbers will Goldson get the No. 5 shirt???????

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Doesn't always work out.

That's the difference. Goldson is the POTS, not YPOTS.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Shrewsbury fans posting on here, and on their forum, and on twitter, have shown an enormous amount of CLASS over this transfer.

I hope that ours can show half as much if and when Dunk moves.

Spot on. Very impressive.

Looks like an excellent signing. Very long way to go to get this squad fully gelling/performing (and still one or two more ideally needed - probably season loans) but the difference in how business has been conducted compared to last year is really remarkable. Lessons learned it seems, and we at last have a manager with a plan (and a strong say in proceedings perhaps ?). All this, combined with the infrastructure seems to be tipping the balance for some hungry and ambitious younger players to join.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here