Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colunga Loaned Out

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Why can't you all get off CMS' back? This campaign of slagging him off repeatedly and wishing he was leaving is tedious, and a disgrace to the suggestion we support our players.

This. It's the same on the Argus with JFC. Whatever the article someone slags off the lad.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Must say I'm really sorry to see him go. I like a foreign player that the opposition won't know much about and he has a great pedigree. Loved his touch of arrogance, bit of edge and his penalty style. Too be honest, I thought he brought more to the team than March can at the moment, as Solly doesn't seem to think quickly enough when he gets near the box. Ends up like a rabbit in the headlights with no idea which ball to play, whereas Colunga has obviously been there and done it all. A classy and talented player, but I don't think we'll see him in the stripes again. I guess decisions have to be made and now we have Kaz, March and Stevens near enough there, pehaps we also had to look at the wages bill and I doubt Colunga was cheap to run. Perhaps the club could spend a little of the money it will save on a new deal for Calde?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why can't you all get off CMS' back? This campaign of slagging him off repeatedly and wishing he was leaving is tedious, and a disgrace to the suggestion we support our players.

In his own hands, in exactly the same way as it was for COG. CMS has been given more support from the fans than any player who has played for this club in the 40 odd years I have supported them. He can consider himself lucky and to suggest he has not had support is just stupid, he just isn't good enough at this level. It's hard to keep supporting someone who gives no more than lots of effort, it's a results game for most of us and CMS keeps failing to deliver.

If he scored and looked like a good striker we would all be absolutely delighted I'm sure.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bit of a surprise about Colunga, but not overly concerned. More concerned that CMS hasn't been shipped out yet. His style of play only disrupts any kind of flow. We've looked a far better side without him in recent games.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I'm surprised about this but coping with the news. I don't think anyone else will come in. Hughton is clearly steadying the ship both on and off the field, and is working with a long term plan. I'm confident CH knows what he is doing and that it will work. But it's yet more evidence of the disaster of the Hyypia reign - he clearly left more problems than those we ever saw.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Shame, I liked him - intelligent, quick, could spot a pass, rarely gave the ball away. On the other hand, a bit lightweight for the Championship. Now has the chance to play in La Liga, can't really blame him. The move could be compared to say, an English fringe player at a Championship club, say Elliot Bennet, signing for a Div 2 team in Spain then being given the chance to come back and sign for the bottom club in the Premier division. Good luck to him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He is a luxury player in my view, not really contributing that much but just surprised the club appear to be making no effort to get rid of Agustein

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Signals a clear intention from CH to play one up top with supporting wide men I think. Colunga was quite similar to Baldock in height and ideal position, slightly faster but slightly weaker. I would think we will now have COG or Best as our true forward with CMS, Baldock, Kaz, March and even JFC to play off them. One of the things that really annoyed me with Hyypia was the rotation policy. A striker would just have a good game and then get dropped. Baldock in particular is a confidence player who gets goals in batches and, having scored in the last 2 games, I expect is one of the first names on Hughton's team sheet.

Also rumours that Colunga never settled here. While we were all expecting COG to move because of family issues maybe it was actually Colunga that was looking to move "home".

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He is a luxury player in my view, not really contributing that much but just surprised the club appear to be making no effort to get rid of Agustein

I don't think anyone WANTS Agustien. He's finished as a footballer and already auditioning for Holland's Next Fat Top Model if his twitter's anything to go by.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Also rumours that Colunga never settled here. While we were all expecting COG to move because of family issues maybe it was actually Colunga that was looking to move "home".

He was homesick and increasingly surplus to requirements. Shame as I enjoyed watching the little wizard at work, but entirely understandable.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
............ pehaps we also had to look at the wages bill and I doubt Colunga was cheap to run.

I am certain that this would have been the main driver for this move.........I am dissapointed he has gone, as said in another post, he had that unknown man of mystery bit about him, opposition players didn't know what his style was.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Strange...one can only assume we have a replacement of some kind lined up.

This was my first thought, but no indication of that in the articles I've read...

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I thought I was pretty much on top of all things Brighton, but I must admit, I missed the Ash Barnes loan...

Jesus Christ! It was the middle of the night but I have no idea where that came from. I'm clearly losing it! I of course meant Elliott Bennett :))

Just getting ready now to head to Blackpool to watch Brighton and Hove Rangers!!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Shocked with this one and would presume it was the players choice, I do think the club should give more details to why on this .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think it's more likely that Granada approached us, than Hughton not rating him. Disappointed to see him go myself.

For all we know the club has told him he is surplus to requirements and his name was circulated to European clubs , nobody outside the Albion knew Toko was going to a Turkish side until the very last minute.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps the wages saved on this deal will enable us to sign Bennett.

I don't think we'll bring in another striker unless CMS goes now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here