Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Bakesy said:
Maybe, but Magilton has stated he wants CKR as they have no money.....a swap deal may well be on the cards, they are nearly as skint as we are.

well if that's right bring it on. Better to swap a player which would mean we would have say 5 players (OGH, swapped player, JR, JG and Alex Revell) all vying for the two/three strikers positions rather than 6,7,8 players as we've had in the past.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Perhaps I'm being a bit old fashioned and I have nothing to back it up, but isn't this going on at all clubs nowadays. When things don't go well the player speaks to his agent who engineers a move on and so the cycle goes on.

There just doesn't seem to be the same head down, get on with my job mentalilty with footballers these days.

*retires quietly to comfy chair*

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
From the information I hear (which is normally reliable-ish) no-one could control Leon Knight, his debt and lifestyle by all accounts were out of control, who knows what the situation is now, but he is the sort of person who will never settle anywhere.

Almost every club at the moment has an issue with young talented players who expect the world and are not prepared to put in the graft, the salaries 'most' are on cannot support their lifestyles and they become bitter and disillusioned when the fans who pay good money get on their backs when they dont seem interested in the club. Most seem from deprived backgrounds, i'm not starting a debate here, but it seems to mirror the sort of kids you see hanging around in town day after day who want all the latest things, but who are not prepared to work to get it.

Mark McGhee cannot be blamed in this instance for players who are falling into the same ways time and time again, it seems more to do with a problem with society, rather than a manager who is fed up having to spend 90% of his time with spoilt kids.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Fragmented Badger said:
Ipswich MIGHT agree to it, but Sam Parkin sure as hell WOULDN'T. Not much point in debating that one IMO:nono:
You don't know that for sure.....if he has fallen down the pecking order it would be better for him to move on, and it's sometimes better to be a big fish in a small pond than the other way around.(BZ at Spurs springs to mind)

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Wozza said:
Blah, blah, blah.

He could have proved himself to management AND fans by running his socks off on Saturday.

But he sulked instead.

Thanks for 'everything' Kaz. See ya!
Have to agree with this 100%. It will be a shame if he goes, but at the end of the day players will always come and go.

He is a talent as I remember him tormenting the Millwall left back all afternoon last season, but not enough effort and commitment for me, and to be honest I can't see him changing so he will never go that far, as his attitude towards things is really lacking in key areas.

I know some will think MM has upset yet another player, but once again I think MM has done not a lot wrong here. MM may not be the greatest manager known to mankind, but he does have good principles and he sticks to his guns.

Leon and Trolley fell out with him and went. FDM fell out with him and realised the error of his ways and so apologised, and is back in contention and rightly so. Leon and Trolley love themselves so much that they weren't going to back down, and I can't say that I really miss either as a result.

I read what Jam the Man says, and to be honest if CKR wants to play for the club, and doesn't really want to leave why doesn't he get his arse in gear and show us all what he is really capable of.

It sounds as though for some reason things aren't working out, and the comment about the club promising to nurture him and look after him has been kept to IMO, but like I say when given opportunities to play and perform he hasn't, and what are the club supposed to do wipe his arse for him for the next 5 years?

He wasn't getting played week in week out last year as part of the nurturing he was promised, but for someone so naturally talented their is no desire, and no real hunger to do well, so like I say MM and the club should just lay down the guantlet to him and say if he wants to play for the club go out their and prove it, if not fook right off, so the club can get someone in who does.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Rougvie said:
From the information I hear (which is normally reliable-ish) no-one could control Leon Knight, his debt and lifestyle by all accounts were out of control, who knows what the situation is now, but he is the sort of person who will never settle anywhere.

Almost every club at the moment has an issue with young talented players who expect the world and are not prepared to put in the graft, the salaries 'most' are on cannot support their lifestyles and they become bitter and disillusioned when the fans who pay good money get on their backs when they dont seem interested in the club. Most seem from deprived backgrounds, i'm not starting a debate here, but it seems to mirror the sort of kids you see hanging around in town day after day who want all the latest things, but who are not prepared to work to get it.

Mark McGhee cannot be blamed in this instance for players who are falling into the same ways time and time again, it seems more to do with a problem with society, rather than a manager who is fed up having to spend 90% of his time with spoilt kids.

Good point, well made.

The 'work to get your rewards' ethic is dying out in the modern world.

Look at those nomarks on Big Brother, it's a similar situation. They expect instant riches for no having talent.

The difference with CKR is that the lad has bags of talent. Shame.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
If a swap deal is on the cards with Ipswich regarding CKR there is no way in hell that we'll get Sam Parkin as he clearly stated that he wants to stay, so if it is a swap deal I see it as being a defender or maybe Dean Bowditch.

Please stay CKR, the majority of Albion fans still want you here.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Fragmented Badger said:
But Coventry are interested in him and have already had a bid rejected. Why would he, knowing that Coventry are after him, agree to a move here?
I wasn't aware of Coventry's interest.:nono:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Rougvie said:

Definitely on the same page with this one Rougvie.

:clap:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Uncle Spielberg said:
Look Aaron I guess you are gutted as you helped to bring the guy into the club but this may be clouding your judgement.

The guy aint that good. I for one will not be bothered if CK-R leaves the club. He is not this great footballer you make him out to be. He has had " potential " for 12 months now, well its about bloody time he showed it.

He has always had a dodgy attitude and appears to think he is better than he is. 6 goals in the championship, wowee, top scorer , so what, 6 goals is poor by any strikes standards. Its not like he banged in 20 for us.

I have been scratching my head as to this " potential " as I have seen very little of it. If he wants out, if he thinks he is better than this club, if he cannot be bothered to put in 100% which most times he doesn't, goodbye and good luck.

Shame as he is meant to be a great bloke when he doesn't step onto the football pitch. Maybe he's in the wrong job.
not muchto add top post,he hasnt done anything in my eyes and his selfish arrogant attitude,means that i aint fussed if he does go,we meed 100 per centers ie gary hart,who want to fight for this club and im afraid ckr hasnt never showed any imo

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Fragmented Badger said:
Sorry matey, I just presumed EVERYONE read ceefax:lolol:

Anyway, to summarise, Coventry put in a bid for him which was turned down by Ipswich. Parkin has, today, stated he is happy where he is and looking forward to the season with Ipswich. He is in the squad for their game at Wolves tonight. It's not looking good is it?:(
No, it isn't, but who knows, we may have unearthed a gem in Revell........here's hoping anyway.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Uncle Spielberg said:
" him hand the manager a letter on saturday after the game? "

This sums it up, CK-R gets the hump and throws his toys out because he wasn't in the starting 11, did feck all when he came on and then hand a letter to the manager when he should have been celebrating a great win with his TEAMMATES.

McGhee doesn;t need another over inflated ego with an under inflated talent at this club. Get rid.

Its a shame but sadly i think it spot on!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Fragmented Badger said:
To be fair to Jam the Man, do you not think it is the responsibility of the football club we all follow to actually tell us something for a change, rather than leave it to an ordinary bloke on a message board who will come under fire whatever he does?

I wish they would! :D

No player, manager, staff member, fan or anyone else is above the greater picture.. The Club.

I just want to pay my £500 a year and support my team.. and i just want to know that it's honest. Or am i asking too much?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All the skill in the world isn't going to help a club like ours, lacking in class players to play off, if it's not backed up by commitment on the pitch. I have seen loads of cameos from CKR but have yet to see 90 minutes effort. That is a sad indictment of the player if he feels he has been hard done by, he has the opportunity to ram criticism down the throats of anyone who questions his commitment by putting in a 100% effort all the time he's on the pitch. Have any of you seen this from him for even one game?

This latest episode suggests we would be best shot of him imo, if the price/swap is right. Shame because the guy could have been a real star here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here