Colchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
From being in a plum position and given a free header at almost point blank range, Wood takes the more difficult of the two options and completely misses the target and hence forcing a draw from a certain nail biting win, there.
Had his shot been a yard inside the post, it would have been saved.

There's not much talk of that penalty shout, which looked nailed on to me. Colchester deserved a point though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think that Wood should have been subbed at least halfway through the second half as his playing was not influencing anything and that miss was along with others was the icing on the cake.
I'm certain that bringing on OGH to replace Woody would have changed the game entirely.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
This game and the game on Saturday should serve as a wake up call.

Our defence is not all that, despite the stats. Its mainly down to us having the opposition on the back foot for most of the game and our defence not being overly troubled. Against a team that runs at our defence, we're in deep shit and are not that much better than we were under Slade.

this

its no coincidence that when a team comes and attacks us, particularly at home, we concede goals and it was only due to the defensive frailties of dagenham and carlise that we snuck victores in those sorts of games. against a good defensive team like southampton with our best forward off for a period of the game, we couldnt scrape another win. and i certainly dont see us managing to smash four goals past most defences in the championship next season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports