Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Come on Daggers

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We do seem to bottle it abit when we play on TV. At least no one is gonna come in a steal Calde from us any time soon :lol:

Noone looked class today :thumbsup: :albion1:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This game and the game on Saturday should serve as a wake up call.

Our defence is not all that, despite the stats. Its mainly down to us having the opposition on the back foot for most of the game and our defence not being overly troubled. Against a team that runs at our defence, we're in deep shit and are not that much better than we were under Slade.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Shame we only played for 45mins though.

To be honest we haven't been particularly good for a few games, now, patches of our best form but no consistency. Several results had to be ground out and other games we won purely due to our momentum and desire (e.g. Carlisle 4-3, D&R 4-3). Will need to buy at least one goalscorer and one or two solid defenders if we are to compete next season.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This game and the game on Saturday should serve as a wake up call.

Our defence is not all that, despite the stats. Its mainly down to us having the opposition on the back foot for most of the game and our defence not being overly troubled. Against a team that runs at our defence, we're in deep shit and are not that much better than we were under Slade.

Against teams that run against our back four quite simply we should not be letting them be that exposed. I actually think our defence are very strong and we miss Greer. My gut feeling is in the championship (like Greer) we need players who are a lot more comfortable on the ball so Elphick may not make the cut and we should be looking at another quality centre half to partner Greer

Sep 1, 2010
From being in a plum position and given a free header at almost point blank range, Wood takes the more difficult of the two options and completely misses the target and hence forcing a draw from a certain nail biting win, there.

Missing a goal at 1-1 is not FORCING the draw though, and it was not an open goal..........:p

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Missing a goal at 1-1 is not FORCING the draw though, and it was not an open goal..........:p

I think that Wood should have been subbed at least halfway through the second half as his playing was not influencing anything and that miss was along with others was the icing on the cake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here