Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS loan to Posh

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I wish him well but is it bad form to be extremely pleased about this? It means we can start to close the chapter on Brighton's most expensive failure and move on as a club without all this 'not playing to his strengths' speculation.

I guess this news explains his demeanour at Carrow Road. CMS did not look his normal cheery self warming up with the subs and hit some particularly venomous shots past Stockdale. The final insult was seeing loanee Halford getting a fairly aimless run out in the last 10 minutes, just as some huge gaps opened up in Norwich's defence.

I wish CMS well too and agree it seems likely that he is being given a chance to remind other clubs, including Posh, what he can do ahead of the transfer window and hopefully add a few zeros to a potential transfer fee.

Yes his Albion career has been unfulfilled, but I'm not sure that CMS has 'been a failure' and I can't say that I feel 'pleased' that he is moving on. IMO the Club failed in a) signing him in the first place b) burdened him with that price tag and then c) failed to gain the best from him etc etc.

Plus neither CMS or the Club could help his two significant periods of injury - especially the long term absence, just as he might have formed a real partnership with Ulloa.

On balance I would prefer to see players like O'Grady and Kemy moved on and retain CMS as a decent option off the bench, to maybe fight his way back into the team. However I recognise that we need to balance the books and cannot afford to have too many saleable assets and/or drains on the wage bill not getting regular first team footie.

I suppose Baldock is CMS's spiritual successor, so it will be very interesting to see how the records of their respective first seasons for us will compare...... and what any discrepancy is attributed to on NSC.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I wish him well but is it bad form to be extremely pleased about this? It means we can start to close the chapter on Brighton's most expensive failure and move on as a club without all this 'not playing to his strengths' speculation.

Agree with that, but I do feel a touch sorry for CMS.

Poyet bought him in, telling him that he was building a side round him, and then proceeded to play him as a lone striker, something completely alien to him.

I hope he plays well, scores shed loads of goals and we get a decent fee for him in January.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I agree that it's probably best that he moves on (we won't see him in an Albion shirt again now) but personally I am really gutted, although couldn't really give you a great explanation as to why.

I think it's some sort of mixture of the fact that he clearly was so highly-rated before we signed him, had some great early games (Leeds at the Amex), is obviously such a nice guy who seems to appreciate being a professional footballer, and us signing him for £2.5 million ahead of the likes of West Ham was so symbolic of the new era this club was entering into (esp for those of us that put £5 pocket money into a bucket to buy Rod Thomas).

I've always insisted under different managers and with a bit of injury luck it would come good, really sad that it hasn't.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I guess this news explains his demeanour at Carrow Road. CMS did not look his normal cheery self warming up with the subs and hit some particularly venomous shots past Stockdale. The final insult was seeing loanee Halford getting a fairly aimless run out in the last 10 minutes, just as some huge gaps opened up in Norwich's defence.

I wish CMS well too and agree it seems likely that he is being given a chance to remind other clubs, including Posh, what he can do ahead of the transfer window and hopefully add a few zeros to a potential transfer fee.

Yes his Albion career has been unfulfilled, but I'm not sure that CMS has 'been a failure' and I can't say that I feel 'pleased' that he is moving on. IMO the Club failed in a) signing him in the first place b) burdened him with that price tag and then c) failed to gain the best from him etc etc.

Plus neither CMS or the Club could help his two significant periods of injury - especially the long term absence, just as he might have formed a real partnership with Ulloa.

On balance I would prefer to see players like O'Grady and Kemy moved on and retain CMS as a decent option off the bench, to maybe fight his way back into the team. However I recognise that we need to balance the books and cannot afford to have too many saleable assets and/or drains on the wage bill not getting regular first team footie.

I suppose Baldock is CMS's spiritual successor, so it will be very interesting to see how the records of their respective first seasons for us will compare...... and what any discrepancy is attributed to on NSC.

Agree 100% We shouldn't have signed CMS unless we were prepared to fit a system around his strengths rather than expect him to be a Zamora type player.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Arguably one of the most disappointing signings in recent years. Fully expected him to shoot us to promotion, but regardless of systems, missed a number of chances and sadly it just never happened for him.

Seems a lovely chap and I hope he does well at 'Boro.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Hoping he rediscovers his scoring touch there and comes back to us a bit sharper but it looks like the end of him here sadly. Shame, would much rather see the back of O'Grady.
Why on earth did we sign him?
Who decided on this?

A complete waste of fee and wages. Was it Sami inherited and didn't want? Or COG didn't cut it?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I wasn't alone on here before the season started in saying that a CMS move to Peterborough would be great for him and us. He needs the confidence that playing at his level will bring and we need a proper Championship striker. I wish him well as clearly he's a lovely bloke and works so hard that he deserves success.

Unfortunately, the sad thing is that we now have a CMS mark 2 in the shape of Baldock. I wasn't alone in saying that at the beginning of the season either.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wonder if this is wise....Darren Bents loan so far is only till Jan....after that if we cannot re sign Bent...what then ?

CMS hasn't featured much all season. He is surplus to requirements as we have a CMS clone in Baldock. His time is up at the Albion.

I wish him well at Boro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here