Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS loan to Posh

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
CMS according to some on here was on 20k p/w and O'Grady 10k so perhaps showing these two the door is what freed up the wages for Darren Bent.

If CMS was/is on 20k p/w then over his time with us he will have earned upwards of £3million in wages + the transfer fee of £2.5m+. Madness when you think about it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
If CMS was/is on 20k p/w then over his time with us he will have earned upwards of £3million in wages + the transfer fee of £2.5m+. Madness when you think about it.

All I can think is that he was not properly scouted, but that we got wind of his transfer and had a go at getting him. And Gus smooth talked him into signing -"We are going to build a team around him". Otherwise we may have spotted he may not be able to play the system we intended.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
All I can think is that he was not properly scouted, but that we got wind of his transfer and had a go at getting him. And Gus smooth talked him into signing -"We are going to build a team around him". Otherwise we may have spotted he may not be able to play the system we intended.

Indeed. I find it hard to believe we spent that much money, our record fee, and offered him such a good contract without extensive scouting, in some ways I feel for him because he was played up top by himself a lot but you have to adapt your game if you're a professional footballer, I think he was probably hindered by us not playing a style that suits him but at the same time his first touch was pretty awful and his finishing wasn't exactly great, he always tried his best though I respect him for that.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
CMS according to some on here was on 20k p/w and O'Grady 10k so perhaps showing these two the door is what freed up the wages for Darren Bent.

Indeed. Let's hope Baldock is not travelling down the same path with his comfortable 4yr deal. He hasn't exactly impressed yet.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Whatever the situation regarding 'Its not the right system for him', 'he needs a striker to play off' etc the fact of the matter is he is not good enough. Poor first touch and not a clinical finisher. As many have said I can't think of many players that I wanted to do well more than CMS but we need to get rid before he goes for absolutely nothing. At the end of the day £300k could be the difference between signing another striker and not signing anyone permanently.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
apologies if someone else has mentioned this but his contract is up next summer. I dont think the club will offer him a new so perhaps they are sending him out on loan, with view to selling him in Jan window...not a bad move as it would be better to get something for him....

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Dont understand it at all. Better than Boldock and Grady put together yet never gets a chance, should be shipping Grady out instead. Crazy management all round.

That's the same management that gets Al Habsi in on loan for a month, where there are two international breaks and he can't play against Wigan, cost between £25-50k for one match. The figures are eye watering and we're looking to cut costs and meet FFP. Crazy, crazy management.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Well for the sake of my bet with clippedgull, thank **** for that.
I was really excited at the signing of CMS, good luck to him its a shame it didnt work.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
All this talk of we didn't play to CMSs strengths does my head in…..can't everyone see the problem was he couldn't control a football and couldn't finish

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
All this talk of we didn't play to CMSs strengths does my head in…..can't everyone see the problem was he couldn't control a football and couldn't finish

Exactly!!!! - all the excuses under the sun but he can't do the basics like controlling the ball with his dreadful first touch or show any clinical finishing in the box. Cannot fault his efforts though

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Exactly!!!! - all the excuses under the sun but he can't do the basics like controlling the ball with his dreadful first touch or show any clinical finishing in the box. Cannot fault his efforts though

So you acknowledge that at least CMS managed to be in the right place in the box to receive the ball, even if he didn't control it and score. Sadly his successor doesn't seem to possess the same basic positional instincts.......sadly Baldock has often been nowhere to be seen when we actually manage a decent cross. Maybe Darren Bent will show Baldock how it is supposed to be done.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Shame he was at the club at a time that we had a mentally arthritic manager, who chose to isolate CMS in the lone striker role, rather than play to his strengths. When was the last time a Brighton striker scored a better goal than the one at Burnley the season before last.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Even with CMS playing, Peterborough lost 3-0 at home to Bristol City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here