Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS has already asked to leave!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On the subject of CMS I see that George Boyd is available for transfer this summer having turned down a new deal at Posh :)

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I would be absolutely f***ing devastated if CMS left.

I think he's been magnificent this season. He obviously hasn't scored as many goals as he (or we) would have likes but his all round play has been excellent. He NEVER gives up and I'm CONVINCED that if anyone had access to the detailed stats on our games, they would see that he's been involved in a large proportion of our goals.

He is always the last off the pitch at the end of the game and I know that isn't the stuff that will necesarily earn him plaudits, I f***ing LOVE him for it.

He's BRILLIANT

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
when Gus brought him wasnt he told that Gus would build a team around him??

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
To be fair my comment wasn't really aimed at you, you made it clear you were passing on information. It was more meant for the usual suspects who respond to a thread like this. They air their ridiculous opinions with such convinction they'd almost be convincing if it weren't for the fact they're talking purest grade, gold-plated bullshit. Things like "Gus is clueless." No, he masterminded a title winning season and now we're 6th in the league with a shot at successive promotions. I'd suggest he's quite good at his job. Similarly "CMS is a 3rd tier player". No, he's in a side that isn't set up to get the best out of him at the moment because we become vulnerable through the middle. And other than Southampton, no sides around us have particularly prolific strikers. The game has evolved, goals come from all over. Maybe CMS' role isn't to score 30 a season, but to contribute to a team where everyone gets 5-10?

No offence meant to you like, which you appear to have taken anyway, so I'll presume AKAWKFA is probably insulting and just not care about it.:shrug:

Have to say mate....huge respect for the above post. I don't think we should take things on sites like this personally, I know I don't, its only opinions for christs sake! And it would be boring without the differences of opinion! And AKAWKFA means....A Know All Who Knows Fvck All......But I take that back now!.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The reason I don't believe the general 'CMS is unhappy/leaving/will be sold' story is that Gus is a thorough guy. Every interview he gives, he talks about preparation, how we need to be careful with our budgets, how he doesn't like open 4-3 type games etc etc. Look at the gambles he's taken, all low risk/high reward ones - Agdestein, Battipiedi, Baz, Vicente - all short term contracts so if things don't work out, he can say goodbye and move on. If they turn out brilliant we've struck gold, and can sign them up on a longer contract.

We didn't sign CMS for £2.5m on a 4 year contract without scouting him. Gus knew full well what his strengths and weaknesses were. And I firmly believe that Gus' intention to build a side around him will be validated in the summer when the lion's share of whatever budget Tony provides will be spent on a strike partner and/or a midfield to properly structure the side. Unfortunately as we couldn't get the players we needed to compliment CMS it's been a plug-the-leaks season, 451 with CMS feeding off scraps has 'had to do' because playing 442 would leave us too vulnerable through the middle.

People write players off too quickly, probably through some frustrated sense of under-recognition whereby everyone thinks they could still 'do a job' for their favourite side. We sit and watch and like to make out we're the experts but the reality is we're not. Unfortunately whilst I realise that, and will give my opinion but try to do so a least a little humbly, other 'I know best' types just make black and white sweeping statements - So and so is shit, or So and so is brilliant. Funnily enough it's always the same people, who were claiming Vicente should f*** off when he was injured, but have gone all quiet now he's playing well. The same people who slagged off Barnes and have shut up now they've been proven wrong.

Like Dicker, Navarro, Barnes or Ankergren, CMS is an easy target. Because on the most basic level we spent a lot of money and he hasn't scored 30 goals, he's easy to criticise. But there's more to football than that, and Gus' stubborn nature tells me he'll be more determined than anyone to make the money he spent on CMS be worthwhile, and considering he's had sod all support, he's still on for a dozen goals this year. Imagine what he could do with better service and protection behind him.

Summary: he's on a 4-year deal. I for one am going to back him for much, much longer than 1 of those years.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Have to say mate....huge respect for the above post. I don't think we should take things on sites like this personally, I know I don't, its only opinions for christs sake! And it would be boring without the differences of opinion! And AKAWKFA means....A Know All Who Knows Fvck All......But I take that back now!.

Fair enough, no hard feelings mate. You're right people shouldn't take it too seriously - unfortunately the last 18 months of NSC has seen a new brand of dickhead emerge who think they know better than everyone else and are just relentlessly negative about everyone and everything from the perspective they are the omnipotent lord of football tactics. AKAWKFA would sum them up pretty succinctly I think.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I haven't got a clue what will happen in the summer...who knows what will happen ....in football you have to be prepared for the unexpected...in the meantime CMS is a Brighton player and that's all that matters...next game please cos I love it

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Do some work for one of the players wife's company occasionally and she said that CMS has already asked to leave!
Personally I hope he stays but you can't really blame him if he did want to go!

He needs to go 3.5 million for 10 goals, waste of Tonys money.who will take him though, no one is my guess he is not good enough for the championship

Last edited:

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
If we had a 20+ goal a season striker we would be up there with southampton.everyone thought CMS was that man but clearly he is not.the fact poyet only ever gives him 60mins max a game now shows you how poyet regards him now. I like his effort but obviously this club just doesnt suit him. He'll be off in the summer but after this seasons performance we wont get the price we paid for him back.shame

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't mind at all, personally.

Never justified the mega transfer fee, and isn't on the same wavelength in play as natural footballers like Noone, Buckley, LuaLua & Vicente; when we are in attack.

Seems like a decent bloke, and can run all day closing down defenders, but his second stint in the Championship has exposed his limitations.

We will have pots on cash in the Summer to invest anyway.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Understand there's a spanish striker doing quite well in Scotland has a big nose but could do a job :moo:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I would be absolutely f***ing devastated if CMS left.

I think he's been magnificent this season. He obviously hasn't scored as many goals as he (or we) would have likes but his all round play has been excellent. He NEVER gives up and I'm CONVINCED that if anyone had access to the detailed stats on our games, they would see that he's been involved in a large proportion of our goals.

He is always the last off the pitch at the end of the game and I know that isn't the stuff that will necesarily earn him plaudits, I f***ing LOVE him for it.

He's BRILLIANT

He runs around like a headless chicken does not score,and plays for scotland, he can f*** off and be useless elsewhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here