Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Twitter - hoping to conclude some business before 11pm (merged)

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Fantastic.

Underwhelmed by Lopez? He's been our best signing IMO.
Enraged by Hammond? He's been fantastic too.
Excited by Dobbie? He was shite then left for the scum :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die.

Alfred Lord Tennyson

Colonel Mustard: Hm, I prefer Kipling, myself. "The female of the species is more deadly than the male." You like Kipling, Miss Scarlet?

[offers her a tray]

Miss Scarlet: [takes food off the tray] Sure, I'll eat anything.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
----------------
I love this thread!

You didn't quote Naylor's "stand by for a big statement of intent" which prompted the reaction. Everyone (including I) was hoping for something major and Hammond was a bit under-whelming for the record number of visitors to NSC at the time.

Are you putting the probable play-off place solely at the feet of Hammond's signing then? I'd argue Lopez and Ulloa would take more credit.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You didn't quote Naylor's "stand by for a big statement of intent" which prompted the reaction. Everyone (including I) was hoping for something major and Hammond was a bit under-whelming for the record number of visitors to NSC at the time.

Are you putting the probable play-off place solely at the feet of Hammond's signing then? I'd argue Lopez and Ulloa would take more credit.

What, and add context? No, I had an agenda!

It was a MASSIVE anti-climax. It's a shame Hammond was last. I remember the day well, I was on here after 6 right through! Jim Whte and the tits next to him for company. Great night.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die.

Alfred Lord Tennyson

Colonel Mustard: Hm, I prefer Kipling, myself. "The female of the species is more deadly than the male." You like Kipling, Miss Scarlet?

[offers her a tray]

Miss Scarlet: [takes food off the tray] Sure, I'll eat anything.

I know a little about psychological medicine

Are you a Dr?

Yes, but i dont practice.

Practice makes perfect, and most men need some more practice dont you think miss scarlet?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm so disappointed about Andrew Crofts. Hammond has worked out well, Dave has done alright ( :lolol: ) and Dobbie, well, he's gone now so nevermind. But Crofts has been very underwhelming and it's a suprise, I thought he'd thrive here again. He's been dogged by injuries and not being able to get a run in the side, but he'll come good again next season... if we stay in the Championship.
Me too.

Sure the injuries didn't help but he seems to have played the whole season 10-20 yards further back than I was expecting.

I had him in the side as the much needed 'Frank Lampard' (for want of a better name) type midfielder, instead of 'just another' holding midfielder.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Me too.

Sure the injuries didn't help but he seems to have played the whole season 10-20 yards further back than I was expecting.

I had him in the side as the much needed 'Frank Lampard' (for want of a better name) type midfielder, instead of 'just another' holding midfielder.

I guess that's where he's been told to play?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here