Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Twitter - hoping to conclude some business before 11pm (merged)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sorry mate but can't agree with you.

When Archer was in charge of the club he was one of our best chairman, yet fans were saying he brought nothing to the team. As soon as he was told to leave he was slated with fans saying "f*** off you won't be missed" & "You were shit anyway".

Selling the goldstone the way he did probably wasn't the wisest of things to do but I for one totally understand why he did it.

He's back now and wants to do the best for his home town club, I just think we should give him the backing we give the rest of our board.

Sorr Portlock you have lost me on this one .. What has Archer ever done for us apart from attempting to screw us for as much money as possible.
He infact was the WORST chairman ever to rule the roost at thr Albion

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sorr Portlock you have lost me on this one .. What has Archer ever done for us apart from attempting to screw us for as much money as possible.

Archer? f*** him and his diy chains,must be coming up for retirement age now,can be a short life after all,however rich you may be....time will always win.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade

This...!

Portlock Seagull I have never before read a post from a Brighton fan which says 'When Archer was in charge of the club he was one of our best chairman...selling the goldstone the way he did probably wasn't the wisest of things to do but I for one totally understand why he did it.''

DO YOU? ????????????

WTF? ????????????

BUILD A BONFIRE.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Portlock Seagull I have never before read a post from a Brighton fan which says 'When Archer was in charge of the club he was one of our best chairman...selling the goldstone the way he did probably wasn't the wisest of things to do but I for one totally understand why he did it.'

Same here. I had to read that a few times because I couldn't actually believe what I was reading.

You have to ask yourself was he/she even born when it was all happening?

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I think he's comparing Archer to Dean Hammond, he's using the exact same phrasing and syntax as the post immediately above his saying that kind of stuff about Hammond.

I don't think the two are remotely comparable, but let's not lynch the guy yet, eh? He's not actually praising Archer.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think he's comparing Archer to Dean Hammond, he's using the exact same phrasing and syntax as the post immediately above his saying that kind of stuff about Hammond.

I don't think the two are remotely comparable, but let's not lynch the guy yet, eh? He's not actually praising Archer.

Bizarre. Though another poster used Ian Huntley, Fred West and Lee Hughes to compare and contrast with Hammond the other day, so I suppose it just goes to show how different minds work :lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
When Archer was in charge of the club he was one of our best chairman, yet fans were saying he brought nothing to the team. As soon as he was told to leave he was slated with fans saying "f*** off you won't be missed" & "You were shit anyway".

Selling the goldstone the way he did probably wasn't the wisest of things to do but I for one totally understand why he did it.

Wow.

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
Ouch, this is painful to read.

Taking Portlock's words without the post he was mimicking is likely to make any Brighton apoplectic. I don't know Portlock, so don't know if he was intentionally winding people up, but I read it as saying forgiving Hammond is comparable to forgiving Archer. (which is a bit extreme!)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Lopez is not a statement of intent I was hoping for. He doesn't score goals for one looking at his record. Today was all about getting a striker not top heavy with midfielders :(

Just left the Amex. Stephen Dobbie has just signed a 3 year deal in the last 10 mins for Brighton. Delighted for him. Great lad!!!!

BOOM

Dobbie is a great player. Great signing

Ah not ****ing Hammond.

What makes anyone think we'll have that shit back?

Won't be Hammond-Gus knows we hate him. Could be Murray....hope not!

For what it's worth Mike Ward on Twitter thinks it's Hammond. Bloody hope not.

Yeah, Hammond can do one :tosser:, weve got enough midfielders thanks

If its Hammond I hope he trips and breaks his leg arriving for the medical. Boo hiss to Hammond!

Andy Naylor ‏[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus
A familiar face could be returning - but don't jump to the wrong conclusion. Albion already have their striker (Dobbie). #bhafc

not ****ing hammond!!!!! WHY!!!!!

**** it's Hammond.

Hammond? I've lost my stiffy. :-(

:drool: :rave: It's HAMMOND!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

We're ****ing BRILLIANT, going UP now, no question. We've looked at the positions we were weakest in and we've signed proven class. Hammond is a quality central midfielder! I'm pretty damn happy right now.

----------------
I love this thread!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I love this thread!
:lol: top quoting. I'm still not over Hammond (his goal last weekend didn't help). Hopefully he can help us get to the premiership and all will be forgiven.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I stand by my reservations at the time, but he's added a little bit of muscle and energy at crucial times and did sound remorseful for his previous stupidity. Quality own goal too.
Think we'll be signing him in the summer if we don't make it to the Prem.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
:lol: top quoting. I'm still not over Hammond (his goal last weekend didn't help). Hopefully he can help us get to the premiership and all will be forgiven.

I stand by my reservations at the time, but he's added a little bit of muscle and energy at crucial times and did sound remorseful for his previous stupidity. Quality own goal too.
Think we'll be signing him in the summer if we don't make it to the Prem.

And compare to Crofts, who even with the injury hasn't impressed at all. Think it much more likely Hammond will be here next season and Crofts not

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hammond's really grown on me recently. It took a while for 3 OF these 4 signings to settle but my word they're looking like class signings now.. the other one who was constantly shit we sold to palarse :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm so disappointed about Andrew Crofts. Hammond has worked out well, Dave has done alright ( :lolol: ) and Dobbie, well, he's gone now so nevermind. But Crofts has been very underwhelming and it's a suprise, I thought he'd thrive here again. He's been dogged by injuries and not being able to get a run in the side, but he'll come good again next season... if we stay in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here