Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club are wanting to make two signings by weeks end...

How many new Albion?

Votes: 5 3.8%

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • 1 signing and 1 loan

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • 2 loans

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • NONE

Votes: 101 75.9%
  • I don't know, all I know is I love you Viper and I want you to serenade me to sleep

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How many players have we lost again? From last year's bunch of starting 11 I make it only three: TK, Upson and Ward. Meanwhile, we've signed Toko and have a CMS back; it's hardly threadbare given that there's still over 6 weeks left in the window.

Talk of 'needing' 6-8 players right now is bedwetting.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It's a shame that any new players weren't brought in early enough to go out to Spain with the squad though, as that is an ideal opportunity to bond and develop a team spirit, as well as work on the style we intend to play this season.

For you maybe, I picked up the seat on the plane reserved for the 'goalkeeper' and am now spending my time by the pool ordering ice cold Estrella, charged to the room, still unnoticed. Hasta Luego

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's an interesting term....I wonder if the opposite insult would be ignorance?

Getting worried or annoyed at the Club by the fact we've only signed one player with over 4 weeks before the start of the season is a complete overreaction. Particularly considering we already have a competitive first team and we only really need to bolster the squad with a few additions but not additions for the sake if it.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Do you think then that the two players Sami expected at the club last weekend and with him in Spain now, were not going to be the right type of players? Surely the players Burke would have told Sami we were signing, would have been in the right quality of player category?

This is the rub. Is the Manager already having problems, being told that signings are likely and then they don't appear due to one reason or another. Surely Burke has had time to identify some decent signings in the last three months, if not what is he doing. My worry is that we are identifying good players but they want too much money and never materialise. If that is the case why go for them in the first place and waste time. Having said that I am another one that doesn't think the squad is not far away from last year in quality and probably only a two or three in quantity. We were overloaded last year in my opinion with players that never played or were injured. JFC, Solly and Ince will be better players and are young and less lightly to have long term injuries. Dunk has proved he is good enough. Yes maybe we need another CB, but we are no weaker with Dunk starting. In my opinion Solly March has already jumped above Buckley as a starting player. Whose to say others from the DS wont do the same during the season if we have to throw them in. I am not so doom and gloom as a lot of people seem to be. The first few games may tell us more. IF we get Ward back and Lingard on loan. I would argue we on a par with last year, if not stronger with the extra experience that the young players would have gained and a Manager that wants to play higher up the pitch which will hopefully result in more goals.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
We started that game already beaten because the squad had NO faith in Oscar.

And we still got 6th? We must have one hell of a team of individuals. The team were fine, on a high from the last minute win, but then beaten by a strong Derby and injuries. Sure Hyypia could do a lot better, and I hope he does, but our squad didnt half lack depth last year.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Begs the question of how he got us to the play off's if the players had no faith in him?

Indeed, but it has to be said that a lot of the playoff chasing pack fell on their own swords. I suspect that even David Hockaday might have had a chance of getting Leeds there last season if the colour purple or the number 17 hadn't have been involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here