Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Civil War Brewing in the Ukraine?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully they'll now capture the murdering mafiosa thug Yanukovich and try him at the ICC for ordering his police to kill at least 78 of his own citizens.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
A section of the opposition are now talking about the "Jewish Communist threat" to the Ukraine. Nice to see how things have moved on from 1941.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
A synagogue has already been attacked... neo fascists have been prominent at the protests
Hope when it all settles down, they get the govt they deserve

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As long as Putin keeps his hands off Ukraine, the future is bright one.

Thankfully the Russian military would struggle now and it would be another Afganistan for them

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Thankfully Putin can't invade Ukraine without breaking the terms of the nuclear decommissioning treaty signed with the USA ( which sent Ukrainian USSR nuclear missiles back to Russia, and in return guaranteed the territorial integrity of Ukraine ).

Putin is seething, but this a major ( and absolute ) reason why Russian tanks are not rolling into Ukraine now.

Last edited:

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Hopefully they'll now capture the murdering mafiosa thug Yanukovich and try him at the ICC for ordering his police to kill at least 78 of his own citizens.

Quite right too , but then someone also has to be accountable for the extremist thugs that also shot and killed the Ukraine police , who are also Ukraine citizens .

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Russia has said it will not interfere with Ukraine's politics so that is good news , now the people have got sort out their own problems internally , hopefully in a peaceful way , although there are different factions on the opposition side which could be a problem.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Thankfully Putin can't invade Ukraine without breaking the terms of the nuclear decommissioning treaty signed with the USA ( which sent Ukrainian USSR nuclear missiles back to Russia, and in return guaranteed the territorial integrity of Ukraine ).

Putin is seething, but this a major ( and absolute ) reason why Russian tanks are not rolling into Ukraine now.

Blimey! I didn't know that. As you say he must be seething over this.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
up the anti-what in the Ukraine? or you meant ante? no idea what the map is as it doesnt show. however events suggest the President has abandoned his office which rather goes against your prefered narrative. of course he may be relocating to a pro-russian area, awaiting support. you and the other war fans would love that.

Nothing in my post to suggest i am a war fan......personally I am as far from being a war fan as one can get.

It's the corps and banks that are the real war creators, and they are also the real chess pieces behind the Ukraine issue.

Yep, "Ante" - thanks.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
This one has a long way to go before it is settled, another Syria where both sides are as bad as each other and we are best served keeping as far away out of it as we can

Agree with this , I knew it wouldn't be long before John Kerry poked his nose in and to see arse licker William Hague with John Kerry on the news together just made me cringe . Let the Ukrainian people sort it for themselves , there are as many people want to be under Russian influence as European influence and there are probably extremists on both sides , what you don't want now is ex-boxers trying to be politicians .

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Isnt the Crimea predominantly ethnic Russians, and Russian speaking, who want to stay with Russia? Plus the Russian black sea fleet is still based there.

D

Deleted member 22389

Sorry to sound like an amateur on this matters, but what has Ukraine got to do with us, or in fact Europe.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Sorry to sound like an amateur on this matters, but what has Ukraine got to do with us, or in fact Europe.

Totally agree with you , only that some people in West Ukraine want to become more EU than Russian but then a lot want to stay Russian , but the John Kerry/William Hague influenced EU see this as a way of expanding capitalism for profits for the west . I am sure those two would love to get one over the Russians anyway that is apart from the Edward Snowden episode . Dangerous game !! Most Ukrainians are nice people , let them decide , peacefully hopefully .

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
When I was in the RN, we slipped into the Black sea to check the Black Sea fleets reaction times etc...When I came on watch on the bridge (I was a signalman), we were pretty much surrounded by a Soviet task group headed by a big feck-off WW2 Sverdlov Cruiser...They messaged us by light, asking what we were doing in the Black Sea...I had to send the Captains reply of ...18 Knots..
haha They went on to tell us that 18 knots was pretty poor, and they could manage that utilizing their ships washing machines etc..

Best signal I ever saw, was one of our HongKong minesweepers that went aground on Chinese property..
They sent...have become temporary landmark on Chinese landscape......

D

Deleted member 22389

Totally agree with you , only that some people in West Ukraine want to become more EU than Russian but then a lot want to stay Russian , but the John Kerry/William Hague influenced EU see this as a way of expanding capitalism for profits for the west . I am sure those two would love to get one over the Russians anyway that is apart from the Edward Snowden episode . Dangerous game !! Most Ukrainians are nice people , let them decide , peacefully hopefully .

Why do we have to stick our noses in to absolutely everything. Listening to Clegg today, he is another who says it our duty to help Ukraine out, for the good of the UK, for the good of EU. I don't get it like the majority of the UK public.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have you looked at the EURO currency markets today? And what happened at the same time they said there was a truce based upon coming elections? It shot up!
Are you saying the EURO went up in value when it looked more likely there would be a peaceful solution to this crisis?

"This is modern warfare. Egypt, Libya, Venezuela, Ukraine and the entire Arab spring... Spy agencies of the US and most likely UK and Israel fund, train and provoke anti-government parties or the opposition parties to lead revolution and turn a country into chaos. It's the new way creating regime change and destabilizing countries to ruin their economy, steal their resources and remove any military threat that country could."

The question i would ask is how long before a rising occurs in Moscow to remove Putin?

It is nearly ALL based on economic growth (stock, index, and currency markets, and central banks).

Ask yourself why the EU did not place sanctions on the Greek goverment for killing rioters/protestors? Clue: They are already under ECB control.
You're a bit mad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

For over 700 years western Ukraine was part of Poland and later Austria-Hungary. The European roots are there in the majority of recorded history. The Soviet control of these areas only happened after WWII.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here