Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Civil War Brewing in the Ukraine?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
try reading some books and researching the history of the past 100 years.

Think I'll leave that one with you, I'm going to stare at eggs until they hatch or turn green and smell.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Today the UK Gov told Russia they are guilty of a land grab...

....heheh....

...err, the people in Crimea speak Ruissian and around 95% voted to be part of Russia.

Maybe the UK gov should read up on Gibralter, Falklands, India, South Africa, etc etc.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

....heheh....

...err, the people in Crimea speak Ruissian and around 95% voted to be part of Russia.

Maybe the UK gov should read up on Gibralter, Falklands, India, South Africa, etc etc.

Maybe you should move into the 21st century rather than the 19th!!!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

....heheh....

Carefully ignoring Russian colonial history right through the 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th century of course. Key differences are that the rest of the European powers colonised the new world whereas Russia expanded East and South....and is continuing to do so......you need to support your own arguments with facts, instead of continuously diluting and deflecting with dull attempts to discredit other posters views..... you know that we are in more enlightened times....don't you?........colonialism is an act that is out of fashion by at least a century.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Oh, so you were talking about a financial gift / loan ?

The way you've come across with talk of fictional unamimous votes in Kyiv, I thought you were talking of EU membership.

Presumably your comparision with Scotland then was about how long it would take Scotland to get a loan ???

As I read it , it seems the EU is looking for closer ties with Ukraine , whether joining the EU will be quicker because of that , no one knows !

Bloody hell , everyday I wake up and turn on NSC I see you coming out with snidey comments , have you got a life ? Anyway , Crimea is now Russian and rightly so in my opinion , and the UK , US and most countries in the EU would of done the same , live with it ! Perhaps the PARLIAMENTRY ELECTED prime minister should stop touring around Europe and the White house telling everybody 'OH the Russians have done this and done that' and get back to his country and start doing what he was put in his position for , Ukraine is in turmoil , the economy is sliding , people not being paid , people worried at loosing their jobs , he got the job now do something about Ukraine . Some of his comments are a bit inflammatory and don't help the situation at all . As for the shooting yesterday of the Ukraine guys , well that is totally out of order and so is the reporting , some reports say it is the Russian army , some say it was Russian speaking extremists from Ukraine , this is from UK channels and really they should get this right as this is one hell of an accusation , personally I think and hope it was an extremist , similar to those that shot the Ukrainian police in Kiev .

Now I have had my say and no doubt will hear from you later , but now I need to work and look forward to our 3 points against Ipswich on Saturday :)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
As I read it , it seems the EU is looking for closer ties with Ukraine , whether joining the EU will be quicker because of that , no one knows !

Ukraine was also looking for closer ties with the EU. There are in fact a number of different levels of 'deals' that the EU offer to non-EU states. One of which is a 1st level trading and cultural arrangement, which gives some entry level freedom for trade in both directions without the normal obstacles that a non member may encounter.....this was what was being explored by Kiev at the start of all this excitement. Sadly, and without reference to his government, or members of the parliament, the President made a swift u-turn ( after pressure from Putin and the pro-russian lobby - a minority I might add), and the rest is history.

All the recent 'joiners', mostly ex-soviet bloc nations, have gone through the same process, and of course as a result their economies and populations are very happy with the freedoms they have gained as a result. Ukraine was seeking the same path, that is until the old world thinking of the Soviet Motherland intervened.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Carefully ignoring Russian colonial history right through the 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th century of course. Key differences are that the rest of the European powers colonised the new world whereas Russia expanded East and South....and is continuing to do so......you need to support your own arguments with facts, instead of continuously diluting and deflecting with dull attempts to discredit other posters views..... you know that we are in more enlightened times....don't you?........colonialism is an act that is out of fashion by at least a century.

Not quite a century, more like 75 years!!!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Not quite a century, more like 75 years!!!
I cant think of the last actual colonisation by the European powers as was..... obviously I dont count the incidents that surrounded the 2nd world war.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Bloody hell , everyday I wake up and turn on NSC I see you coming out with snidey comments , have you got a life ? Anyway , Crimea is now Russian and rightly so in my opinion , and the UK , US and most countries in the EU would of done the same , live with it ! Perhaps the PARLIAMENTRY ELECTED prime minister should stop touring around Europe and the White house telling everybody 'OH the Russians have done this and done that' and get back to his country and start doing what he was put in his position for , Ukraine is in turmoil , the economy is sliding , people not being paid , people worried at loosing their jobs , he got the job now do something about Ukraine . Some of his comments are a bit inflammatory and don't help the situation at all . As for the shooting yesterday of the Ukraine guys , well that is totally out of order and so is the reporting , some reports say it is the Russian army , some say it was Russian speaking extremists from Ukraine , this is from UK channels and really they should get this right as this is one hell of an accusation , personally I think and hope it was an extremist , similar to those that shot the Ukrainian police in Kiev .

Now I have had my say and no doubt will hear from you later , but now I need to work and look forward to our 3 points against Ipswich on Saturday :)

Can you just remind us all when was the last time a western democracy annexed an area of land by using military presence to allegedly protect their ethnic population, force through a hurried referendum which didn't include the obvious question of staying with the status quo (a new political challenge for messrs Parfitt and Rossi!!).

I don't necessarily disagree that Crimea shouldn't be part of Russia if that is what the majority of the occupants want but the process was completely wrong and because of it, it is destabilising world relations. Who knows where this will end as Russia have got away with bully boy tactics and will probably try the same again. At some point the west will have to stand up to them with more than sanctions. God help us when they do!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
...Bloody hell , everyday I wake up and turn on NSC I see you coming out with snidey comments , have you got a life ? ...

That is a totally offensive comment.

There is nothing 'snidey' about pointing out the untruths you've peddled about :

- RT News being French

- Fictional non existent 'unanimous votes' in the Kyiv Parliament.

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Hasn't most colonisation involved war?
To a degree, but there are plenty of colonisations that were simply created through economic greed by both sides, not always at the point of a barrel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here