As long as I watch the following over the next few weeks I'm happy;

Home Alone 1
Muppets Christmas Carol
The Office Christmas Special
Extras Christmas Special

aaand maybe Home Alone 2.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
Sorry - is this really a sensible thread or a wind up?

Friends, family and great food with wine, port, cheese, cold meats pickles - frankly the TV is the last ****ing thing I am thinking of over a few days of catching up with friends and family.

I am probably in the minority, but I am from a very traditional background and actually believe in the real meaning of Christmas - I absolutely don't expect to shove this down anyone's throat or debate it - each to their own.

But at a time when you have the opportunity to think of others, make time and offer hospitality to those around you the fact hat someone suggests that Catherine tate is of any interest must be either retarded or just dull.

To even have any idea as to what the TV scheduling is , well, frankly that is terrifying!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
As long as I watch the following over the next few weeks I'm happy;

Home Alone 1
Muppets Christmas Carol
The Office Christmas Special
Extras Christmas Special

aaand maybe Home Alone 2.
no Gremlins?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some definate irony and word play to be had there.

ps if you like such movies, why not just download them?

Irony?

I own them. I'm saying that I'll be happy if I have occasion to watch them in December.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's not the same as STUMBLING into them, and I like them interspersed with Iceland/DFS adverts

Exactly. I want to be sitting there on the 27/28thth. Eating my 4th plate of cheese and turkey that morning. The weather is GLOOMY. The fire is ON. and then I STUMBLE accross an absolute CLASSIC that, at no other time, would I sit down and watch out of normal choice. Last year's example was CATS AND DOGS and Planes, trains and Automobiles. Brilliant.

Add COOL RUNNINGS to the perfect example.

D

Deleted member 18477

Home Alone 1 & 2
Elf
Jingle all the way
The Grinch
Gavin and Stacey Xmas Special

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
It's not the same for me since they stopped showing old WC Fields, Laurel & Hardy etc. Nothing beats watching them whilst eating bits of cheese and getting warmly drunk :thumbsup:

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I hate amateur night down the boozers, I hate NY,

Agree with that Nibble. ********s you never see in your local for the rest of year thinking they own the place, moaning about the price of drinks, off their heads after the first couple and New Year's Eve is definitely the worse.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Christmas TV Schedule is the product of a bygone age when you'd get to see a fairly recent blockbuster about a year after it was shown in the cinema and there were no alternative media. The game's changed forever. They may as well show wall-to-wall Bargain Hunt for all it matters nowadays. Doubt anybody under 70 would notice.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Christmas TV 2016

The channels seem to be starting to announce their Christmas schedules in the past fortnight and looks like all the usual big guns will be out with a few old favourites.....

BBC

CALL THE MIDWIFE
MY FAMILY (RETURNS!)
​MRS BROWN'S BOYS
DOCTOR WHO
​THE REAL MARIGOLD HOTEL
NOT GOING OUT
FATHER BROWN
​OUTNUMBERED
​THE GREAT CHRISTMAS BAKE OFF (x2)
​QI
WOULD I LIE TO YOU?
AINSLEY HARRIOTTS CHRISTMAS FEAST
JOHN BARROWMAN DOES CHRISTMAS

ITV

STEPHEN MULHERN AND FRIENDS
THE JONATHAN ROSS SHOW
BIRDS OF A FEATHER
ALL STAR MR & MRS CHRISTMAS SPECIAL
​GRANTCHESTER
BLANKETY BLANK WITH DAVID WALLIAMS
LONDONS BURNING

CHANNEL 4

KIRSTIE'S HANDMADE CHRISTMAS
WE'RE GOING ON A BEAR HUNT

CHANNEL 5

YORKSHIRE VET

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why haven't the BBC binned off Mrs Browns Boys yet? I'm sure they promised they would. And of course it is utterly dreadful and not remotely funny.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
JOHN BARROWMAN DOES CHRISTMAS is must see TV :ffsparr: Seriously, does anyone even watch the telly anymore in the conventional sense, nearly everyone I know either watches box sets, catchup TV, Amazon, apple TV or Netflix. I don't watch any TV programmes now unless it's a box set where I've caught up, Ray Donovan, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here