Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas TV

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Miserable bunch of Ebenezers, you lot are.

Having said, I shall probably just watch It's a Wonderful Life on DVD on Christmas Eve when the family are at church, same as I do every year.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I will likely pre-record some non-Christmas TV, get in a few days worth of pre-christmas newspapers and a couple of bumper puzzle books and seal myself in 'til January 1st. Bit like in I am Legend.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Does it matter anymore?

With Sky Planner, On Demand, Netflix etc, does the country really sit down at the same time as each other to watch the same programme?

Surely, you just download / record a few hours of "family viewing" in preparation for hitting "PLAY", on Christmas afternoon. Everyone then falls into a stuffed, drunken sleep, while the kids break their toys.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Does it matter anymore?

With Sky Planner, On Demand, Netflix etc, does the country really sit down at the same time as each other to watch the same programme?

Surely, you just download / record a few hours of "family viewing" in preparation for hitting "PLAY", on Christmas afternoon. Everyone then falls into a stuffed, drunken sleep, while the kids break their toys.

Quite. I haven't watched live TV for about 5 years. Even now I probably watch about 4 hours worth a week. I find it impossible to get drunk on Christmas day for some reason. I seem to sustain a slow drip of booze until about 3pm at which point I aqcuire a headache and a low-level hangover combined with heartburn and indigestion. Only ever on X-mas day for some reason.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Quite. I haven't watched live TV for about 5 years. Even now I probably watch about 4 hours worth a week. I find it impossible to get drunk on Christmas day for some reason. I seem to sustain a slow drip of booze until about 3pm at which point I aqcuire a headache and a low-level hangover combined with heartburn and indigestion. Only ever on X-mas day for some reason.

Anything to do with the Queens speech??

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Even the fact that someone gives enough of a sh*t to compile this list makes me weep for humanity.

Really people?! How can anyone possibly get excited about this cr*p?

Telly Addicts.

In fact I'm a bit dissapointed they've not got a celebrity Christmas special of that too.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rumours of a 'Celebrity Ready Steady Cook....Christmas Dinner' on BBC2 schedule with Ferne Cotton and Aynsley Harriet competing against each other.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Vicious and Life of Riley :facepalm: . Even Birds of a Feather pales into insignificance (except, now that I think of it, it doesn't :( ).

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Schedules starting to look very exciting with the announcement of a new episode of 'Open All Hours' on BBC.

Here's what's been announced so far....

Confirmed shows for Christmas 2013

BBC1

Mrs Brown's Boys (2 episodes)
Citizen Khan
Nan (starring Catherine Tate)
Still Open All Hours
My Family Christmas Special

BBC2

Festive Life of Riley

ITV

Birds of a Feather
Lets Do Christmas ... with Gino and Mel
All Star Family Fortunes
All Star Mr & Mrs

Than you Crodo for ALERTING me to these Christmas GEMS

:lolol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
They think it's all over and Not going out are the only 2 I'm remotely interested in seeing.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The seventh one down sums it up for me..... POINTLESS.

Christmas is for families or if your on your own getting pissed or indeed both together. Can't think of any time that I have watched TV on Christmas day.

I just can't understand the sad gits who have nothing better to do at Christmas than watch the fricking television. Get a life! Do something interesting!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Update, some new shows:

BBC1

TOTP Christmas Special
Nan (Starring Catherine Tate)
John Bishops Christmas Show

ITV

Celebrity Catchphrase

C4

Russell Grant at Christmas - We'll Have a Gay Old Time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here