Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas TV

Citizen Khan is one of the biggest, smelliest piles of turd you'll ever see on TV. I thoroughly enjoyed it. There is something unintentionally hilarious about a comedy that doesn't offer even a single second of mild humour.

Incredibly it has got a second series. I managed 10' of one episode of the first series, that was enough.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fantastic thread.

"Festival life of Riley" is the winner for me.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Doctor Who? Matt Smiths last episode, Xmas regeneration and Peter Capaldi.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
May watch Dr Who because John Hurt is in it and they are getting shot of the gangly drama school audition Doctor. Would I lie to you if I remember and can be arsed to put up with the terminally unfunny and outdated Lee Mack ruining the other comedians efforts to make the show a cut above the normal panel nonsense. Other than that it look slike the pile of festering tramp spaff I was expecting. Rather sit down with a good film.

I shall be swerving Christmas this year and going abroad on my own. No wife, no kids, no girlfriend and apart from my Sister a selfish bunch of family who expect me to spend as much on their kids as they do so I fail to see the point in sitting around watching everyone open up brilliant presents from people that care while I rip open another emergency present from whichever family member forgot I was coming. No thanks.I hate town at Christmas, I hate amateur night down the boozers, I hate NY, I hate fat coucnil estate chavs rushing around town spending my tax money on crap they don't need. Absolute crap.I shall hunker down until the shitfest is done with and get back on with my work.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
May watch Dr Who because John Hurt is in it and they are getting shot of the gangly drama school audition Doctor. Would I lie to you if I remember and can be arsed to put up with the terminally unfunny and outdated Lee Mack ruining the other comedians efforts to make the show a cut above the normal panel nonsense. Other than that it look slike the pile of festering tramp spaff I was expecting. Rather sit down with a good film.

I shall be swerving Christmas this year and going abroad on my own. No wife, no kids, no girlfriend and apart from my Sister a selfish bunch of family who expect me to spend as much on their kids as they do so I fail to see the point in sitting around watching everyone open up brilliant presents from people that care while I rip open another emergency present from whichever family member forgot I was coming. No thanks.I hate town at Christmas, I hate amateur night down the boozers, I hate NY, I hate fat coucnil estate chavs rushing around town spending my tax money on crap they don't need. Absolute crap.I shall hunker down until the shitfest is done with and get back on with my work.

Ever considered hibernation Nibble?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ever considered hibernation Nibble?

Ha, right now I genuinely would if I could. I ****ing loathe Christmas these days. It was alright when I could look forward to a couple of days of festivities now I have to endure, as we all do, 7 or 8 weeks of yuletide felatio. People asking me what I'm doing, what am I buying people, what am I eating. If I've anything to do with it a fat steak in a restaurant in a country where they've never heard of Christmas.
It just seems to take up so much time and being self employed I have no choice but to endure forced time off and earn nowt but spend a fortune. you know, I don't think I've been given a genuinely decent, well thought out present in about 5 years. So much shit to sort out and no inclination whatever to do so. Wake me in May. Night.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Schedules starting to look very exciting with the announcement of a new episode of 'Open All Hours' on BBC.

Here's what's been announced so far....

Confirmed shows for Christmas 2013

BBC1

Last Tango in Halifax
Mrs Brown's Boys (2 episodes)
Mouse & Mole (Animation)
Call the Yuletide Midwife
Not Going Out at Christmas
Gangsta Granny (David Walliams book)
Pointless
Doctor Who : Twelfth Night
Citizen Khan
EastEnders
Strictly Come Dancing this Christmas Time
Death Comes To Pemberley
Nan (starring Catherine Tate)
Would I Lie to You
Still Open All Hours
My Family Christmas Special

BBC2

Hebburn
The Tractate Middoth (Ghost story)
M R James : Ghost Writer (Documentary)
The Thirteenth Tale (Drama)
QI
Festive Life of Riley
They think it's All Over

ITV

Birds of a Feather
Downton Abbey
Lets Do Christmas ... with Gino and Mel
All Star Family Fortunes
The Cube Celebrity Special
All Star Mr & Mrs
Vicious
Coronation Street
Midsomer Murders
Londons Burning.....Again

You cruelly raised my hopes there until I looked down the list, thank God for alcohol at Christmas.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albert Steptoe lives on !

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Christmas isn't Christmas without only fools and horses

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Christmas isn't Christmas without only fools and horses

One of the unfunniest, most overrated programs in history. It raises a chuckle every now and again but it really is comedy for the lowest common denominator.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Incredibly it has got a second series. I managed 10' of one episode of the first series, that was enough.

As, it appears from that list, has Vicious. That thing with Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Derek Jacobi.

I find it hard to believe that two such renowned thespians with decent careers and no apparent need for the money ever agreed to appear in this pile of shite.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As, it appears from that list, has Vicious. That thing with Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Derek Jacobi.

I find it hard to believe that two such renowned thespians with decent careers and no apparent need for the money ever agreed to appear in this pile of shite.

Awful wasn't it. They are doing another series. Can't stand that Jacobi, pompous old ****.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

John Hurt is in the 50th Anniversary episode in November, not Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here