Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CHRISSY HUGHTON's [or Pauly Clement's] Blue & White Army

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Please no. What a dreary appointment that would be. Anybody could have got that Newcastle team promoted. He's the classic journeyman merry-go-round manager. That's the last thing we want.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
2/1 with Skybet.

Someone has had £2 on with them.

:)

Clement 11/2 and Sherwood out to 6/4 as the market adjusts. Could be value elsewhere for someone.

T Soprano has just played a blinder........ knows its someone else (not Hughton), gets everyone to lump on Hughton, the odds slide on the other candidates including the real appointment and TS goes on large?

just a thought :dunce:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
This simply cannot happen. After our recent foreign experiment which took us to two championship play offs, this guy will takes us back to the dark ages .
I love TB, but I would seriously have to question his or whoever employed this guys ambition. Cardiff earns 64 million playing crap. We need to push the boat out to get into the PL now, otherwise we simply won't get there in my lifetime.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
[Q UOTE=joker;6361829]In to 7/2 second favourite with bet victor hmmmm[/QUOTE]

Still too big, If he's still 7/2 with Tonys old boss he ain't getting the job

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hughton now 2/1 second favourite, so this must be true.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Reckon it will be brilliant if most people on here think otherwise.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
For me or IMO, he at least is a regular stand up guy. I think he will be somewhere close to being the sort of manager that Mr Tony would be looking for. Just can't see him throwing a wobbler or running away, last thing we need now!
To be honest he wasn't in the most admirable position trying to keep Norwich up in the Prem ( no disrespect to tractor boys) and their performances were worse after he'd been moved aside..... Besides I'll have £140 winnings back if he's appointed :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We should start a thread with the name of a talented foreign manager, but not yet listed.

Keep bumping it with various sightings and knowledge of pending appointment. Let's then see which paper first carries the news, and the odds that follow.

Sergio Lobera, Las Palmas manager, and former assistant at Barcelona. Just seen him in The Grand.....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Henry Hughton as assistant?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Tony Bloom's last two appointments were somewhat imaginative and not the most obvious candidates at that time. Both claimed to embrace the playing of technical and attacking football. Both managed to get us into the playoffs, despite us not being able to compete financially with more fancied Clubs and despite some significant periods of inconsistent form. So Tony's judgement can't be far wrong and I quietly hope that he might still fancy rolling the dice with another wildcard who wants to play the right type of footie.

However as neither Poyet's or Garcia's appointments worked out as planned you could understand if Tony now takes a slightly more conservative approach. I suspect there may be a point at which Tony cannot bankroll The Albion under tightening FFP constraints, without securing promotion. So I can see how Hughton would inevitably be among those experienced candidates with more of a proven track record in the Championship and Premier League. Plus he may be willing to work within our budget. Realistically he is the sort of manager we may end up with.

Ultimately we have to trust Tony's judgement, back whoever he appoints and give them a decent chance to succeed.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If he's the man for TB, then he's the man for me.

I can see him being dedicated & hard working; 2 qualities allegedly lacking in the last guy.

Of course it will more than likely be somebody not even on the bookies board.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
For me or IMO, he at least is a regular stand up guy. I think he will be somewhere close to being the sort of manager that Mr Tony would be looking for. Just can't see him throwing a wobbler or running away, last thing we need now!
To be honest he wasn't in the most admirable position trying to keep Norwich up in the Prem ( no disrespect to tractor boys) and their performances were worse after he'd been moved aside..... Besides I'll have £140 winnings back if he's appointed :lolol:

What's Ipswich got to do with anything?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here