Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CHRISSY HUGHTON's [or Pauly Clement's] Blue & White Army

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Wouldn't be thrilled with the appointment, but would of course back him if he came in.

I'm sure Tony knows what he is doing. He has invested too much money to see us hit the dirt.

Cafe Racer 59

May 21, 2014
North Stand NWSS
When Hughton was dismissed as Newcastle manager, Kevin Nolan told The Sun, "Sometimes at clubs, when a manager goes, there will be some players who are pleased to see the back of him ... But everybody liked Chris. He was very popular, not just with the players but everyone who worked for the club.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
When Hughton was dismissed as Newcastle manager, Kevin Nolan told The Sun, "Sometimes at clubs, when a manager goes, there will be some players who are pleased to see the back of him ... But everybody liked Chris. He was very popular, not just with the players but everyone who worked for the club.
Kevin Nolan, that well known intellect... I'm sure he's a very nice man but i just don't want him as our manager.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For those moaning, who would be good enough for you? Do tell.
That'll be the old 'reality v expectation' conundrum.

T'is a shame the manager merry-go-round is spinning so fast, everybody flung off gives the impression of being sh*te.
None of our potential candidates have recently been given time to confirm or disprove that impression.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
It's not arrogance, it's the feeling of many here that we will be faced with another season of sideways & backwards passing if certain managers come in. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and it doesn't make them pathetic for voicing those concerns.
Can you really see Hughton coming in and radically changing your Saturday afternoons entertainment for the better? I personally can't.

I hope he doesn't change it.

Possession football has been fantastic to watch over the past 3 or 4 seasons.

My fear is we will get some clueless tosser that wants to hoof it forward, welcome back 1990's

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would seem if the Albion wanted to be ahead of the curve anti possession football, as played by Real Madrid, would be the way to go.

Just saying like :whistle:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Have to agree with this, once Hughton left Norwich they started to play some nice attacking football abeit it was to late in the day, but for me its another manager who is scared to lose a game just like Oscar and Poyet to a certain extent.

Like at Chelsea?

They didn't leave their half in a game they had to win

Canary

May 21, 2014
Hello folks, Norwich fan in peace here saw the rumor floating around earlier, thought I'd chuck my two penny's into the ring! :smile:

Chris Hughton might be a good appointment for you, he might not, here are some things he will bring to the job, Newcastle fans I spoke to when we appointed him said the same.

He is tactically unable to change a game. He has a plan a, he will stick with plan a, and then he will wait and wait and wait to make a sub. Then when that sub comes more often than not it is like for like. If you go 1-0 down in a game, he will not aim to get back to 1-1, but to keep it 1-0 until 15 minutes left, and then attack a little more. He just makes very poor sub's, and is the worst manager I've seen in my 18 years at Carrow Road at being able to change a game from the sidelines.

His football is mind numbingly boring. He managed to take a free flowing attacking side under Lambert and turned them into the lowest scorers in England (have to go to level 9 of the pyramid to find lower scorers than us). He will go to away games and play for draws. We won a grand total of 4 league away games in two seasons under him. Shocking however you spin it. When we were 4-1 down at Villa at half time, a game I spent 70 quid to go watch, he admitted that his objective in the second half was to keep a clean sheet. It makes my blood boil to this day!!!

He also took the passion away from the side. We used to at least show some guts, but this year there was nothing. He was simply unable to inspire the side. Russell Martin admitted we had no identity, and the boys weren't up for the challenge. That falls on the manager.

I saw someone post about bringing through youth? Well he didn't do that here. We have recently won the FA Youth Cup, have some young players like Ryan Bennett and Nathan Redmond as well, yet he brought in old clogger's like Yobo, Gutierrez and Elmander instead of giving these talented youngsters a real run in the side.

Don't let our 11th place finish last year decieve you, we got lucky that we faced teams with nothing to play for in the final weeks of the season. There was no way we were the 11th best team in that division.

The one thing that riles me most is the nice man argument. Yes he is a nice chap, he took five minutes after a pre season friendly against Ajax to talk to me and my mate, but being a nice man does not mean you are a good football manager. He will talk up the opposition in his press conferences, he made Cardiff sounds like Guardiolas Barca!!

There are some positives, he will make your defence (which is already good) tighter. He does get good home results most of the time, and personally I think he brought well when he had less to spend (his first year in charge). The less said about last summers spending the better!!

That's my thoughts on Hughton. At the end of the day he'd probably do an OK job for you guys, but he doesn't really fit the mould you guys seem to want, and he will take all entertainment and passion away from you slowly but surely.

If you've got anymore questions I'll answer them, oh and look forward to visiting the Amex next season :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Brother Henry played for CPFC and effectively ended Gerry Ryan's career with a horrendous tackle I do believe......
Although, his record in this div is outstanding, and I would not be handing back my ST, should he be 'the chosen one'

Gerry commented on that at Kerry Mayo's testimonial evening in Worthing. He & Chris were Eire team mates and Gerry didn't bear a grudge against Henry.

I wouldn't be upset if he became manager, as I said yesterday.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Hello folks, Norwich fan in peace here saw the rumor floating around earlier, thought I'd chuck my two penny's into the ring! :smile:

Chris Hughton might be a good appointment for you, he might not, here are some things he will bring to the job, Newcastle fans I spoke to when we appointed him said the same.

He is tactically unable to change a game. He has a plan a, he will stick with plan a, and then he will wait and wait and wait to make a sub. Then when that sub comes more often than not it is like for like. If you go 1-0 down in a game, he will not aim to get back to 1-1, but to keep it 1-0 until 15 minutes left, and then attack a little more. He just makes very poor sub's, and is the worst manager I've seen in my 18 years at Carrow Road at being able to change a game from the sidelines.

His football is mind numbingly boring. He managed to take a free flowing attacking side under Lambert and turned them into the lowest scorers in England (have to go to level 9 of the pyramid to find lower scorers than us). He will go to away games and play for draws. We won a grand total of 4 league away games in two seasons under him. Shocking however you spin it. When we were 4-1 down at Villa at half time, a game I spent 70 quid to go watch, he admitted that his objective in the second half was to keep a clean sheet. It makes my blood boil to this day!!!

He also took the passion away from the side. We used to at least show some guts, but this year there was nothing. He was simply unable to inspire the side. Russell Martin admitted we had no identity, and the boys weren't up for the challenge. That falls on the manager.

I saw someone post about bringing through youth? Well he didn't do that here. We have recently won the FA Youth Cup, have some young players like Ryan Bennett and Nathan Redmond as well, yet he brought in old clogger's like Yobo, Gutierrez and Elmander instead of giving these talented youngsters a real run in the side.

Don't let our 11th place finish last year decieve you, we got lucky that we faced teams with nothing to play for in the final weeks of the season. There was no way we were the 11th best team in that division.

The one thing that riles me most is the nice man argument. Yes he is a nice chap, he took five minutes after a pre season friendly against Ajax to talk to me and my mate, but being a nice man does not mean you are a good football manager. He will talk up the opposition in his press conferences, he made Cardiff sounds like Guardiolas Barca!!

There are some positives, he will make your defence (which is already good) tighter. He does get good home results most of the time, and personally I think he brought well when he had less to spend (his first year in charge). The less said about last summers spending the better!!

That's my thoughts on Hughton. At the end of the day he'd probably do an OK job for you guys, but he doesn't really fit the mould you guys seem to want, and he will take all entertainment and passion away from you slowly but surely.

If you've got anymore questions I'll answer them, oh and look forward to visiting the Amex next season :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The plan A stuff sounds just like our philosophy. Sign him up.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

thank you... confirms everything i've always thought. God help us if he becomes our manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here