[Football] Chris to Forest

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Better late than never. This was an appointment they should have made 16 months ago.

Why the f*** did they appoint Lamouchi when Hughton had done such great work with getting Newcastle and Brighton out of the division and Birmingham into the play-offs? I said as much at the time. Experience is such a valuable commodity in the Championship and so no surprises to see Bielsa and Bilic doing well.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Better late than never. This was an appointment they should have made 16 months ago.

Why the f*** did they appoint Lamouchi when Hughton had done such great work with getting Newcastle and Brighton out of the division and Birmingham into the play-offs? I said as much at the time. Experience is such a valuable commodity in the Championship and so no surprises to see Bielsa and Bilic doing well.

Tbf Lamouchi did a good job until the lockdown so he is probably not a bad manager, but once things started to go badly he was just not the right person to turn it around.

Also, maybe Hughton didnt want the job at first? He might still have been hoping for a PL club at that point.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Should be an excellent appointment for Forest. If they give him some time and backing they'll be rewarded with premier league football in the next few seasons. An excellent Championship manager and an all round magnificent human being.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Knocky in the Championship under Hughton?

https://youtu.be/qZvoYV4aqPs

I’d be watching every game if they linked up again.

And then there is the fact that Kayal & Hemed are free agents too!

I guess loans from the Albion are a non starter given the manner of his dismissal and the fact that nearly all our non first team squad players are now inexperienced and very young? Although CH did play some quite young players at Norwich and Birmingham didn’t he?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I guess loans from the Albion are a non starter given the manner of his dismissal and the fact that nearly all our non first team squad players are now inexperienced and very young?
More the 2nd reason. The 1st is water under the bridge.

The only senior player we'd loan out is Bernardo, and Highton already has Bong at Forest.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
More the 2nd reason. The 1st is water under the bridge.

The only senior player we'd loan out is Bernardo, and Highton already has Bong at Forest.

I don’t know what they need at Forest but Sanders was quality in the cup and has at least 5 players ahead of him for a CM berth.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don’t know what they need at Forest but Sanders was quality in the cup and has at least 5 players ahead of him for a CM berth.

They actually need to get shot of some players. Far too many players in their squad.

They do need at least one winger though.

Can't see him going near Kayal or Hemed as others have suggested though.

Almost certain the link to Knockheart will be genuine though

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We’d be happy to loan our young players to Chris. But he’ll be leaving them out 6-7 months before they can adjust to his methods and only then make the bench [emoji2960]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm not convinced Dan Ashworth will be in a rush to offer our U23s to Chris Hughton unfortunately. Maybe 1 or 2 that were in the group when he was here but...

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Highest chance of our players going there is if any have the same agent as Bong. Most Forest players seem to come through him.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Hughton wasn't a fan of using our young players.

See I think this is a bit of a tough perception of Hughton. I think the crop of young players we're bringing through now weren’t ready when Hughton was in charge. I'm sure he could have used them if he really wanted to, but I think the timing of their development was a factor, and a little bit of an unfair criticism of Hughton's reign.

But who else did we have at that time? We all know the academy has taken time to bring players through, and the ones we had that point in time, maybe just didn’t reach the level we needed them to. Solly March was 20 when Hughton arrived and Hughton played him, so I think its tough to say he wasn't a fan of playing youngesters at all. I think it's more accurate to say he didn't play many youngsters because we didnt have the wealth of options and talent that we do now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports