Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris to Forest

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
They are not a club I know much about but I wish CH the best of luck. There are some very good players who would love to play for him again if things work out

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What makes you think I am going anywhere?

As for CH - this appointment had been on the cards for the past couple of weeks. It was clear that Forest had lost their way after the lockdown. The big mistake from their perspective was not making sure they got Hughton last season. Forest have a lot of potential, have a decent squad and hopefully an owner who has learned that chopping and changing managers is a bad idea.

That's rather spoilt my evening!!!:lol:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He’ll be a great appointment for them. Bet Glenn wished he waited a bit. Could see him and Knocky joining Chris eventually.

We'd better join up with Naarwitch fans to make sure they know how defensive his football is then!

I think we saw last season how little Norwich and their fans value defending

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Best of luck Chris. We wouldn't be where we are without your guidance.

I don't have any feeling either way towards Forest, but i'll be keeping an eye on how they go. Hopefully they know what a good manager they have now. Give him the time and he'll turn them around.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Forest won’t go up this season. Good move for them though, Chris will get them sorted. Although isn’t Forest owner a bit of a basket case?

He very much is, but perhaps he’ll realise that he has to let Chris get on with things and get them to the playoffs. Beram Kayal to the City Ground perhaps?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nottinghamshire is now officially twinned with Sussex :)

Good luck Chris, get Forest back in the big time!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Good luck Chris, there is a good squad there, another promotion on the way I reckon.

Does this mean the club is off the hook for the rest of his wages, he was due up till June next year wasn't he?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Good appointment for them, I hope goes horribly wrong, obviously. Most people knew that Lamouchi was on his way do they were obviously just waiting to find their man, our Nigel was under consideration among others... Really strange timing after their sh1show of a transfer window.

Maybe you could get your Nigel back? He did a good job with no money before, and helped cut your massive wage bill....... + I've read the grumblings of discontent from some on the DCFC forums about Cocu!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Will be interesting to see how they do this season.
Will watching the Chris v Nathan show.

NJ has done/is doing a stunning job at Luton. A small club with limited cash, playing with style...... From league 2, to doing well in championship is a helluva job - the blip at shit show Stoke shouldnt be held against him, the place is toxic, where few have been able to polish that turd....

The old master Hughton and young bucaneer Jones - should be a good game.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Jealous and pleased at the same time, always thought his sacking here was reactionary.

I still believe Jose was a big loss for Chris in the PL we looked like a team with that huge injection of pace. He got the very best out of Knocky the lad would of walked through walls for him. Great memories some great games and what a gentleman. Good luck Chris.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here