Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Moyles leaves the Breakfast Show

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Gobsmacked! you mean people over 30 actually listen to that tat? :wozza:

It always sounded like they were aiming at people who's brains were still undeveloped i.e teenagers.

Well, you learn something new everyday.

:lolol: Crazy isn't it. I mean the music itself on Radio 1 is bad enough, but when you add the absolutely mind numbing shithouse 'DJ's' such as Moyles/Mills/Cotton/Cox and their 'hilarious' team to the mix, it becomes a truly painful experience if you ever get stuck somewhere that has it on.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
now that truly surprises me , I thought you'd be radio one all day long , you're in a band as well aren't you ?

Been in a number of bands yeah, but none of the music on Radio 1 really appeals to me at all.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Our tune, the entire factory would come to a standstill.

Steve Wright's posse, Mr Angry from Purley (you bloody skinnyheads) Jervace the hairdresser. Happy days.
Steve wrights show was brilliant, loved the keith richard " yeah, i was like talking to this cat" character ! was talking to an old school mate the other day, and he laughed as he told me hopw he will still make the " wack, wack, oomm " sound from the snooker quiz bit on DLT's saturday show, but anyone under 35 just looks at him blankly !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Excellent news

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Probably get slated but love Chris Evans in the morning

Another vote for this - didn't like him previously but he plays some quality tunes and is generally pretty good on it I think.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I used to enjoy the show and listen to it in the car many years ago on my commute to work. But it got old, fast. I cannot stand that everything is literally this and literally that.

It winds me up their lack of spoken English. Plus, as others have said, belching on the radio, really? Just a slob making cheap radio.

Still, I'm not sure what is worse, this or the fact Scott Mills was pulled from the drive time show to take over from Moyles on the breakfast show. The only funny thing Scott has done was when he called the Pizza guy in Scotland.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Our tune, the entire factory would come to a standstill.

Steve Wright's posse, Mr Angry from Purley (you bloody skinnyheads) Jervace the hairdresser. Happy days.

Steve Wright has his moments but could do with a shake-up to get rid of his smugness. Indeed some good characters but the new ones don't seem so funny as Mr Angry etc. Ask Elvis is brilliant but not much else these days. Got fed up with hearing " Jasmine Birtles, rhymes with turtles " 6 times an afternoon whenever the poor woman came on the show, so much so that at work he was christened " Steve Wright, rhymes with shite "

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't understand people saying 'good' when they don't listen to him. Why are you even bothered?

I'm over 30, and have listened regularly over the years. Gets a bit too much sometimes, especially banging on about twitter, but on the whole I find him and the team quite entertaining.

He clearly isn't talentless, because a) he is very good at the technical side of radio, and b) he is the longest serving Radio 1 Breakfast Show host ever, and the BBC wouldn't keep him on if he wasn't. Having said that, it's a matter of taste, and I can't stand Edith, that Gemma bird on at the weekend, or Scott Mills much.

Good luck to him, I'll miss it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Gobsmacked! you mean people over 30 actually listen to that tat? :wozza:

It always sounded like they were aiming at people who's brains were still undeveloped i.e teenagers.

Well, you learn something new everyday.

I guess it's radio's equivalent of The Sun, aimed at the brain of a 13 year old but consumed by people in their 30s.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I seem to be one of a few people who like him, but listening to him on commute to work has been part of my daily routine for years.

Also announced they are broadcasting in Brighton on Tuesday morning whilst the Olympic Torch relay takes place...

I agree, I like him. A lot of the people seem to have a pre-conceived idea of him by reading the Daily Mail too much. He provides a different kind of breakfast radio. He has broken all kinds of records in this stint, beating some absolute greats of what is an institution.

He is very much the Alex Ferguson, of breakfast radio.

D

Deleted member 18477

I listen to CD's or iPod through aux in the car.

However sometimes I do like the radio. And I did flick to radio 1 occasionally. Bit gutted and use to enjoy the golden hour on Fridays!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I don't understand people saying 'good' when they don't listen to him. Why are you even bothered?

I'm over 30, and have listened regularly over the years. Gets a bit too much sometimes, especially banging on about twitter, but on the whole I find him and the team quite entertaining.

He clearly isn't talentless, because a) he is very good at the technical side of radio, and b) he is the longest serving Radio 1 Breakfast Show host ever, and the BBC wouldn't keep him on if he wasn't. Having said that, it's a matter of taste, and I can't stand Edith, that Gemma bird on at the weekend, or Scott Mills much.

This is how I feel. I don't listen to any other R1 stuff other than Moyles and co. Yes he is like Marmite, but no one is forced to listen to his show. He can be challenging, childish, smutty, irritating, hysterical, opinionated, and pig headed all in one sentence, but most of all he makes you stop and think, and then laugh.

If anyone knows where he might be drinking on Monday evening, please let me know.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

I'm not bothered at all, but felt happy enough to dedicate a few seconds of my time to share my thoughts on the man by writing on an internet forum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here