Chris Moyles leaves the Breakfast Show

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Loved Moyles, gutted he's leaving. Mainly because he didn't play much music, the standard of music currently on Radio 1 is horrific.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Being a 30 something perhaps I shouldn't have an opinion as Radio 1 is apparently not aimed for an old git such as myself but with Chris Moyles I can take him or leave him. He's certainly has big shoes (and a big chair) to fill & I think they'll struggle to do so especially as what's to offer in his place. There's a wealth of c**ts to choose from at that station and most have been listed over the past 8 pages. Personally if I could have any 3 put down it would definetley be Sara Cox, Fern Cotton & Edith Bowman. A trio of shite

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I used to like Moyles, although I think him and comedy dave were best in the afternoon slot. I stopped listening about 5 or 6 years ago because of the pathetic Radio 1 daytime playlist. Every now and again I switch over to hear them doing the same gags and same routine as when I listened so it must be getting stale by now.

That said they are still lightyears ahead of the "new school" presenters who've turned up over the last few years. I'm only 30 so still consider myself down with the kids, but sometimes can't even understand what the hell some of these morons are talking about, you'd get more sense listening to a cucumber than out of reggie yates or fearne cotton

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't know why I have my alarm set for Radio One in the mornings. Chris Moyles is irritating but not as bad as Sara Cox was. She did my head in.

The sara cox approach to presenting was to fill the gaps between the music with a combination of words that is both spasticated and inane. I personally think she started it all and has been the template for subsequent presenters.

I actually forgot about scott mills, who has always been funny and innovative. That thing where they used to phone up two takeaways, make an order and then connect the lines togeather was one of the best things on radio

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The last time I listened to radio 1 Breakfast Show I think Simon Mayo was presenting it. I feel old just writing that.

I was in the same year at school in Worthing with Simon Mayo.
That is all.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I used to like Moyles, although I think him and comedy dave were best in the afternoon slot. I stopped listening about 5 or 6 years ago because of the pathetic Radio 1 daytime playlist. Every now and again I switch over to hear them doing the same gags and same routine as when I listened so it must be getting stale by now.

I was going to say the same thing. My wife puts Radio 1 on if she gets to the radio first in the morning and if Moyles carried on presenting it was surely only a matter of time before I considered it grounds for divorce. What amazed me was that they still do the same things they did 10 years ago which wasn't funny then. Tedous link? You're not wrong. Thier production meetings must have taken seconds. ''Same again tomorrow lads'' ''Youbetcha''

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The sara cox approach to presenting was to fill the gaps between the music with a combination of words that is both spasticated and inane. I personally think she started it all and has been the template for subsequent presenters.

Oh and that as well. The stupid bint started caption competitions. On the Radio. In the morning. Before smartphones. Great idea. If there was a revolution back then, maybe Fearne Cotton would be asking 'You want fries with that' rather than polluting the airwaves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports