Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Choose one musical artist, just one and one only.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
'one musical...band...entire back catalogue'?

With that definition, it would have to be the Berliner Philharmoniker.

I'd miss a great deal of what I love, but not as much as if I made any other choice.

That would be my choice too - what a back catalogue

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Privileged to have sat nearly next to him when he played in St Mary's at Rye pre pandemic as part of the festival. I am sure he has an invisible guitar friend to help , particularly when he plays "....the one about the motor bike..." :)
Seen him a couple of times, but never that close. I bet he doesn't though! - the scary thing about that song is that every time he plays it, it seems to get faster!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Tough question as a tend to listen to a little bit of a lot of artists and probably spend at least 3 hours a day listening to music, sometimes much more. I've just had a look at my Spotify stats to see what my most listened to artists are over the past 15 years and there's one or 2 in there that I couldn't even name a song of, which shows you don't need many plays to get on my list. The list also gives an indication of what my girlfriend gets up to when I'm out.

Screenshot 2022-06-06 7.00.59 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-06-06 7.03.10 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-06-06 7.03.38 PM.png

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If I've read the following correctly

You will have at your disposal the entire back catalogue of that artist, every recording they have made as the main featured artist. But forevermore you will no longer be able to listen to anyone else (unless they feature on a recording under the name of your chosen artist).

As well as my chosen artist I can also listen to anything else were someone features on a recording under the name of my chosen artist.

Therefore while they have no back catalogue in their band name, I'm going for the 1984 Band Aid group, as I get to listen to their one single and also material from all the members, which of course includes David Bowie and Paul McCartney on the B-Side as well as Paul Weller, Bono, Phil Collins, Sting etc on the A side.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

You will have at your disposal the entire back catalogue of that artist, every recording they have made as the main featured artist. But forevermore you will no longer be able to listen to anyone else (unless they feature on a recording under the name of your chosen artist).

As well as my chosen artist I can also listen to anything else were someone features on a recording under the name of my chosen artist.

Therefore while they have no back catalogue in their band name, I'm going for the 1984 Band Aid group, as I get to listen to their one single and also material from all the members, which of course includes David Bowie and Paul McCartney on the B-Side as well as Paul Weller, Bono, Phil Collins, Sting etc on the A side.

Edit

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
There was a time that I listened almost exclusively to Pink Floyd so that would be the easy answer for me. Though I could very easily be tempted to opt for Miles Davis as there is a lot of live material I've not heard.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Paul McCartney as well as Bono, Phil Collins, Sting etc ….. gaud blimey

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Good thread....

I've probably 50 artists vying for this, but I've got to think of my sanity if it's only one artist - so.... I need something easy to listen to, upbeat on the whole, foot tapping and simple.

So....

Abba !!!

Shoot me down in flames like a naughty Messerschmitt.... :drink:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Can I choose the Waterboys?

85 current or former members, said to be the largest amount of members of any modern music band ever.

If not, Mike Scott.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
A tough decision but I would have to go with Cocteau Twins. No other band has ever sent shivers down my spine like them - extraordinary guitars paired with an extraordinary vocal talent. Sublime

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Iron Maiden for me. Just pipping Metallica who might have a little more variation but whilst it would include departures like ' Load ' that I loved it would include the abomination that was 'St Anger '

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here